eye contact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eye contact

How important is eye contact to you?I think that eye contact is very important no matter what,it shows the person that you care about them and love them,what are your thoughts on eye contact?

I agree. Eye contact is really important to me. I love drowning in my SO's eyes. (He has the most beautiful blue eyes out there). We can just look at each other and not say a word for a long time. Especially when you see each other in person after only talking on skype for a long time.
    Only 13 more days and we get to do that again! ❤️

Comment

I don't think it is important to me. My SO and I rarely look into each other's eyes, now that I think about it. I'm definitely not a shy person but I'm not comfortable staring for too long at a person if that person is looking at me. Obviously it's not important to him either or he would have brought it up after almost 6 years.
      Last edited by TwoThree; September 25, 2014, 03:53 PM.
      I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by VeraRyan View Post
        I agree. Eye contact is really important to me. I love drowning in my SO's eyes. (He has the most beautiful blue eyes out there). We can just look at each other and not say a word for a long time. Especially when you see each other in person after only talking on skype for a long time.
        Only 13 more days and we get to do that again! ❤️
        That's great,I'm so happy for you,how long has it been since you last saw him?

Comment

Originally posted by TwoThree View Post
          I don't think it is important to me. My SO and I rarely look into each other's eyes, now that I think about it. I'm definitely not a shy person but I'm not comfortable staring for too long at a person if that person is looking at me. Obviously it's not important to him either or he would have brought it up after almost 6 years.
          I wouldn't really say staring at them.

Comment

If someone is looking at my face for more than 5 seconds, that is staring. If I look back and hold their stare for more than five seconds, I am making eye contact. That is how I view things.
            Last edited by TwoThree; September 25, 2014, 03:59 PM.
            I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by butterfly712 View Post
              That's great,I'm so happy for you,how long has it been since you last saw him?
              Thank you! 3 months... So it's about time!

Comment

Originally posted by VeraRyan View Post
                Thank you! 3 months... So it's about time!
                your welcome,yes it is about time.

Comment

So you and your SO are the same way? W the eye contact? I noticed you both live in Florida. Do you see each other often?

Comment

I'm all for eye contact, but I personally am a very shy person. If my s/o and I lock eyes long enough, I will eventually break down into a case of the giggles and bury my face in my hands or something.

Comment

I don't like eye contact with people other than my significant other. It makes me nervous. I like looking into his eyes.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                      First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                      Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                      Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                      Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                      Married: 1/24/2015
                      Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

My boyfriend is back home and I've been in NZ for 3 months now. No skype or facetime. Just a picture, texts and phone calls. Yes eye contact is important to me and it's killing me that I haven't seen him move or seen him say the words "I love you" in 3 months. Over the phone is just not the same

Comment

I like eye contact, but I also like not having to have it all the time, that would feel forced. SO and I are very similar in this respect and has been from day one. There are times we do nothing else CD or LD than stare at each other. At other times it is great to not have that and still feel each other's presence. I am pretty much the same with everyone on this, but I feel more freedom to choose with SO or my husband.
                          Last edited by differentcountries; September 25, 2014, 05:25 PM.
                          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                          - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

If I know the people well I'm ok with it, if I don't then I break it as I feel they are staring at me and I feel uncomfortable.

Comment

I'm fine with it in social situations (like greeting or discussions about xyz) for a while but it's not something I pursue with my SO or anyone really. People who never break eye contact freaks me out a bit though, so usually I look to the side of them if we're talking or something for a while.

While in the honeymoon phase I'd still love just looking into my SO's eyes, we have moved past that stage now though.
                              We part only to meet again ~ J.Gay

Comment

Working...
                              X