No announcement yet.

eye contact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love eye contact with my SO. I don't like eye contact with my doctor. She has very wide, almost crazy eyes that rarely blink that stare into your soul. Its hard for me to hold her eye contact for more than a few seconds.

Comment

I think eye contact is very important . I have never physically met my SO. I feel like him getting on cam would make it a lot easier to handle having to wait till feb of 15' .we have only been with eatch other for about 4 months and talking for about 6 months . At first i didn't think much of it when he would say he was camera shy .I figured as time passed by he would get more comfy with the idea but nope . I for one was super embarrassed the first time i turned my cam on for him but i did cus i love him .

Comment

I catch him staring at me when we are out to dinner sometimes. He has these immense light grey eyes. I love it but after a few minutes I half to break the glaze turn away. It is like he is delving into my soul and so very deep. I love him like mad but I also like to keep part of me to myself. When he looks at me like that I feel like he can read my mind.
        "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
        Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I love looking into his eyes, they are beautiful

I'm not too big on eye contact for long especially with people I don't know well.

I sometimes have a staring competition with my cat, she usually ends up looking away first

Comment

Double post

Comment

Eye contact is one of the biggest things I miss when I'm not with my boyfriend. Skype is not the same because you can never quite exactly make eye contact. I love looking into his eyes when we're in person. There is such a connection.
              Whatever is meant to be will always find its way.

Comment

I think we actually started to do more of the deep eye gaze over Skype, not in person.
                I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

The only time it really makes any difference to me is if I feel like he's otherwise distracted during a conversation. I know there was a thread about that a little while back, and to me, it's important that when we talk that we give each other our full attention, which includes some level of eye contact. The whole "looking into each other's eyes" for no particular reason isn't really a thing with us.
                  In all the world there is no heart for me like yours.
                  In all the world there is no love for you like mine.
                  -- Maya Angelou

Comment

Originally posted by VeraRyan View Post
                    So you and your SO are the same way? W the eye contact? I noticed you both live in Florida. Do you see each other often?
                    yes we are the same way with eye contact,yes we do both live in Florida,we knew each other all through high school,a few years after we graduated,it was back in 2004 he moved to a different part of Florida,he has been living there ever since,I found him on fb,he lives 3 hours away,he's going to be coming to my house on Thursday,I can't wait.

Comment

Eye contact is tricky for me. Since I'm autistic, it was always something I had huge problems with, and it took me years to get decent at it. Holding a decent amount of eye contact without freaking out is pretty much mandatory for social interaction, so I'm glad I got the hang of it at some point. With people I'm comfortable with, it's pretty easy now, but with strangers it can still be a challenge. When it's too hard, I just look at people's eyebrows instead - It helps me a lot and they don't notice the difference, so it's a win-win

With my SO, however, it's a different matter. When I saw him for the first time in person, I honestly couldn't bear looking at him face on for the first few hours. I just felt too overwhelmed by my emotions and his presence to keep my nerves together, and the anxiety was back fullforce. Thankfully, I got comfortable after a bit of time and working up the nerve, and once I got used to looking at him it was no biggie. I still get that anxiety at the start of visits, but less severe, and it's getting easier every time. I enjoy looking at him, since he has a very expressive and friendly face (and absolutely magnificient eyebrows), but I will never be one of those "gaze into each other's eyes just so" types.
                      Last edited by Miasmata; November 10, 2014, 11:29 AM.

~
                      It'll take a lot more than words and guns
                      A whole lot more than riches and muscle
                      The hands of the many must join as one
                      And together we'll cross the river

Comment

Working...
                      X