No announcement yet.

The distance is sorta gonna end in a few months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is good news, but I can understand your concerns. It's normal for someone to worry, especially with all this moving back and forth. The best advice I can give to you is just go with the flow and to make the best of things

Comment

Originally posted by Karringtyn View Post
      First of all..I am sorry I have no helpful advice....But I wanted you to know I am here reading and hoping the best for you both!!! The love you have is beautiful.
      awww thanks its defiantly one of a kind......its a kind of love that only comes once in someones lifetime and i never intend on letting it go. I love her so much, words cannot describe how much i love her

Originally posted by loveonspeedial View Post
      If the immigration reform were to go through anytime soon, its up in congress now..you'd be able to marry her and she'd get her green card and stuff
      yeah i know and im hoping it does soon, would be a major leap in same sex marriages and would be extremely helpful to so many couples

Originally posted by Silviar View Post
      I guess what I'm concerned about is how will you guys manage to support yourselves doing that? There's got to be a better way to live together permanently. Is there any chance you guys can move to Scotland, or perhaps elsewhere? For example, same sex couples can apply to live in Australia under the de facto visa... I just think the strain over that longterm is going to be REALLY hard on you guys, let alone having a steady job to pay for it.
      i have SS and at the moment she has her friend helping her out, it defiantly will be diffacult and the word "cant" is not in my vocabulary im extremely stubborn and so is she so were gonna work hard at it, if we have survived a year an half of this already we can survive a little bit more, there are people out there who have been in a LDR for 5 or more years and they survive, if they can do it so can we. yeah it will be hard but its something we both have to work at if we wanna accomplish living under one roof which we will at some point, im not gonna give up just because its hard

Originally posted by Silviar View Post
      Not true - there's the working holiday visa which lasts for a year.
      really? hmm will have to talk to her about that

Originally posted by paulawriteslove View Post
      This is good news, but I can understand your concerns. It's normal for someone to worry, especially with all this moving back and forth. The best advice I can give to you is just go with the flow and to make the best of things
      will defiantly do that!

Comment

Good for you =) I hope all goes well!
        This little girl's heart is California bound.

Comment

I don't know about US - Scotland but the working holiday visas for Canada - Australia have an age limit on them, so be wary of that.

I also know there's another couple on the forums - can't remember their names - a lovely chick from the US with a partner in equador, who are trying to both move to canada because apparently Canada recognises same-sex marriage for immagration purposes. So you could look into that. Cost of living is pretty low in BC.

There are always options, so don't be giving up!
          Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Originally posted by Zephii View Post
            I don't know about US - Scotland but the working holiday visas for Canada - Australia have an age limit on them, so be wary of that.

I also know there's another couple on the forums - can't remember their names - a lovely chick from the US with a partner in equador, who are trying to both move to canada because apparently Canada recognises same-sex marriage for immagration purposes. So you could look into that. Cost of living is pretty low in BC.

There are always options, so don't be giving up!

oh hell no not giving up here, living in NC is also cheap as well. we'll figure something out, i know theres an living in america just because(dunno what its called) but that takes awhile but she will sign up for that after she goes back to scotland. like i said we'll figure something out eventually we always do

Comment

I wish I had some advice to help you, Caitlin. I wish you and Denise the best of luck through this! =]

Comment

Working...
              X