Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long on average are your conversations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long on average are your conversations?

How long, on average, is your typical conversation with your S/O? How often do you speak?

For me I'd say our average is 15 minutes.

We talk about 4 times a day. 1. He quick wake up calls me in the AM 2. 15 min call while I'm walking into work and he's driving to school 3. I quick wake up call him in the PM 4. 15 min call while he's driving to work and I'm going to bed.

We pack a lot into those 2 small conversations most days. Some days though I feel like like they crash and burn. It's like I get flustered trying to make the most of those few small moments. I try and keep a list of things on my phone of things I want to mention or talk about so I don't have to fish for them when talking. There are things on that list that have been there for a long time because they require longer than 15 minutes. Someday.

1 half hour call a day and about 5-6 texts per day

Comment

Why don't you schedule a time to have a longer chat? Especially if the things on your list are important to talk about. My SO and I don't get to talk on the phone often because of weak internet connections so if we need to discuss something or we just miss hearing the other person's voice in conversation we "schedule" time later in the day or the next to have a conversation.
      When two hearts are meant for each other, no distance is too far,
      no time is too long, and no other love can break them apart.

Comment

20 mins to an hour. Depending on our schedules, the internet etc. Sometimes Skype doesn't work and keeps cutting of after 1 to 5 mins and now there's been no internet for a couple of days.
        We also text a few times a day and during work mornings chat for 5 to 20 mins depending on our work load, customers etc.

Comment

30 minutes to an hour, haven't spoken so much this week with me both of us preparing for my visit
          Flying out to meet him for the first time: 16th November 2014 - 14th December 2014
          Flying out to meet him for the second time: 3rd June 2015 -18th July 2015
          Flying out to meet him for the third time: 12th December 2016 - 12th January 2017
          His first flight to me: April 2018 DENIED ENTRY
          Flying out to meet him for the fourth time: 23rd June 2018 - 7th July 2018
          Got Engaged: 12th December 2016
          Married: June 29th 2018
          Hoping to close the distance: 2019/2020

Comment

Well usually we wake up, have a call on Skype for about 30-60mins whilst eating breakfast, then we end the call on our phones whilst we get dressed, then if he doesn't have work we Skype for about 6-7 hours (including short headset breaks and dinner) until around 8.30-9pm then we both switch to our phones, grab a bite to eat whilst on Skype there then we talk until we sleep

If he does have a shift though, our talking time goes from 6/7 hours on Skype to about 3-4 and we spend his shift whatsapping. If he gets a break we viber during it too.

Comment

I normally get an hour as she wakes up in the morning chatting via hangouts (typing not voice), a few words during her breaks, and sometimes a bit of a chat in the evening once she and the kids are fed before I go to sleep.

We have scheduled a call once a week 12:30am my time, and that goes usually an hour.

Other than that ad hoc calls during her lunch break as it is after work for me, they are normally only 15mins if they happen.... and the odd one on the weekends if we both happen to be free (which is rare), but we have spent 3 hours on one before without realising the time had gone....

Comment

On average our daily contact spans 60 -90 mins on weekdays. I get up at 5am and we talk until 5:30 or 6am. We have 16hrs time difference so when he wakes up he usually messages me for about 15 mins before he heads to work then I message him before I go to sleep.

On weekends we Skype for 5-7 hrs. I love our weekend calls
                Last edited by Petals; November 14, 2014, 03:28 PM.
                Met Online : July 2013
                Met in person : April - May 2014 (3 wks)
                2nd visit : June - August 2014 (2 months)
                3rd visit : December - Jan (2wks)
                Proposal : December 2014
                Closed distance : February 2015
                Married : April 5, 2015

Comment

Originally posted by conejita_hada View Post
                  Why don't you schedule a time to have a longer chat?
                  Those two 15 minute calls we have are scheduled. I would love to schedule a longer chat, but his schedule does not allow it at the moment. He goes to school full time and works full time and has other responsibilities on top of that. He maybe gets 3 hours a sleep a night. I'm thankful for the the time he can find. Rarely I get a random call from no where and those might last an hour, but I never know when those are coming.

Comment

It honestly depends on the day. One day we may get in an hour skype session and one day a 3-minute phone call. With him having his own business and being on-call 24-7, there is no way to schedule time so we take what we can get.
                    To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Really we don't talk on the phone very much. We text...we talk through voice clips sometimes lol. When we do have actual phone calls though it ranges from 3 to 5 hours.

Comment

We Skype 15 -60 min a day, which most days feel enough. We both have a lot to do and we have no interest in just keeping Skype on while doing other things (plus I have my husband. But we don't Skype more when he is away). We are both introvert and like time to ourselves and activites that doesn't require us to talk much, both on and off Skype. Sometimes we call on the phone, mostly we use Viber calls. We usually text or Viber during the day, or send each other pictures. We used to Skype for 2+hours a day the first months to get to know each other but then I didn't work out for months!.. In summer we often had only 10 min to Skype before he would almost fall asleep in front of the computer, then I often felt there were things unsaid because of the short time.
                        Last edited by differentcountries; November 14, 2014, 10:12 AM.
                        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I'd say I'm pretty lucky. We get about 4-6 hours a day video chatting. And an hour or so messaging. Wasn't always that way, but things have worked out the past couple of months.

Comment

From the moment he comes home and finishes writing (which takes about 2 hours), he joins our teamspeak server and we talk between 6 and 8 hours. It really depends on how much time he spends writing and how early he has to get up the next morning
                            Sometimes I call him at work if there is something urgent he needs to know, but I keep it short, about 5-10 minutes, because I know his boss doesn't like it when his employees spend too much time on the phone.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                            First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                            Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                            Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                            Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                            Married: 1/24/2015
                            Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

About 8 hours normally, but if we both have the day off then all day.

Comment

Working...
                              X