Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long on average are your conversations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our communication has been extremely consistent throughout the LDR: we talk for at least an hour every night over Facetime. It's what I consider the perfect amount, for us. We're lucky in that the time difference is only an hour, we have predictable, reasonable schedules, etc. Every once in a while it's a shorter conversation, and sometimes if he's out or I'm out it's just a text letting the other know we got home safely. I have no interest in hours-long conversations, or open calls where we just do our thing and frankly neither of us have the time for that -shrug- But every relationship is different.

I know you said it isn't really possible, but I would find it difficult to have meaningful conversations in 15min increments. If that's all that you can make work, it's what you have to deal with, but I would hope there would be some way for you to lump that into one 30min conversation per day.
    Last edited by rhabdoviridae; November 14, 2014, 03:03 PM.
    In all the world there is no heart for me like yours.
    In all the world there is no love for you like mine.
    -- Maya Angelou

Comment

Phone/Skype/FaceTime calls are very rare for us. Like once a week maybe. Neither of us are big phone talkers. Honestly, our last couple calls have just been so I can see our dog. We do text throughout the day though. It can range anywhere from 5 to 50 messages. It just depends on the day.

Comment

some 1 or 5 minute conversations. he's real busy and usually we text throughout the day. some days we might only be able to communicate only a couple times but rarely happens.

Comment

I think my SO and I talk TOO MUCH xD. We often initiate a skype call at around 12pm, then don't stop until he has to get ready for work at about 4ish. We text in between. Then we continue the skype call once he gets out of work until we go to bed unless either of us has other plans. I think we're only able to do this because he's got a later shift and i'm an unemployed college graduate. The convo does get dry sometimes and we do kind of bump heads at times but it never lasts. Hopefully it stays that way. One thing I can say is I still hate having to say bye to him no matter how long we talked.
          "The Only Heaven I'll Be Sent To,
          Is when I'm Alone With You."

Met: Sometime in 2016
          Started Relationship: August 9, 2017
          First Visit: December 7, 2017
          Closed the distance: February 9, 2018

Comment

At this current time I'm fortunate to be able to spend a lot of time talking with my SO on skype. But it wasn't always like that. When he was between houses, living with his aunt or his sister, didn't have internet, I'd be lucky to get a few 30 minute calls every few days. It was super hard, but I knew it couldn't last forever and that eventually we would have a bunch of time to skype, we just had to be patient.
            started dating: 12/08/12
            "i love you": 04/12/13
            el paso: 07/24/13 - 08/05/13
            montreal: 12/13/13 - 01/03/14
            el paso: 01/05/14 - 01/19/14
            montreal: 05/30/14 - 07/27/14
            el paso: 07/27/14 - 08/18/14
            el paso: 12/27/14 - 01/16/15
            el paso: 06/02/15 - 08/17/15
            san antonio: 02/04/16 - 02/08/16
            san antonio/el paso: 06/03/16 - 06/21/16

Comment

We try to text back and forth throughout the day from morning to the evening- even though we are both busy with school or work, we would shoot a quick text to each other to tell the other where we are and what we're doing. Then we call right before we go to bed to talk for a few hours before falling asleep with each other on skype or facetime.
              But if we weren't busy or if my parents and his parents weren't lurking around, we would be probably be talking for 24 hours straight xD

Comment

We talk about 30 minutes in the morning, a few hours in the afternoon, a few hours before bed and we Skype a few times a week, we sometimes don't get to talk before bed but he makes sure to say goodnight to me every night ❤️
                Even if we're 2000 miles away from each other and our time zones are different, we make the time to talk because our love is greater then any distance 😍

Comment

Wow, it seems like everyone talks to their SO a lot more than me and my boyfriend. I would like more talks but my boyfriend has a heavy workload and works late nights a lot.

We talk twice a week, each time they last about 1 hour, so two hours in total a week. We text a few times each day, but not a lot.

I would like more but I have no choice but to accept what I can get because my SO's career right now takes up nearly all of his time. It's not unusual for him to be working as late as 11pm or later on some days.

Comment

Hey hold in there guys, it will get better

Comment

We text everyday and text through out the day. I also email my SO everyday so when she wakes up she has an email to read from me We are on a 7 hour time difference. We skype twice a week if we can, once for an hour before my partner goes to work and on a weekend it's every Sunday at 7pm my time which I'd 12pm her time and we skype anywhere between 4-6 hours luckily I don't work Mondays
                      First met - June 2014
                      Became official - 14 October 2014
                      First meeting March 2015-S came to the UK
                      I visited Arizona - June 2015
                      I visited Arizona- November 2015
                      2nd December 2015 - Got Engaged
                      December 2015 - S came to England for Christmas with me
                      May 2016- Closed the Distance!!!

Comment

He works at 330 AM so I usually wake up to a text from him...then text back around 6:30 something like "meeehhhhh" or "uuuuggghhhhh" because I haven't gotten out of bed yet - then he responds with "go get your coffee" lol From that point we text back and forth while we are both at work and then everyday when he is driving home he calls me. We chat about 30 mins-1.5 hours then hang up and we will text back and forth for the rest of the night then usually have another 15-30 min conversation at some point. Then he goes to bed around 6 pm and I try to amuse myself until I fall asleep! We rarely skype. I'd say we skype maybe twice a month...and we schedule our visits every 3 months.
                        "I ran to him. I dropped my luggage and ran to him. My heart melted in my chest as I wrapped my arms around his neck. I could feel him. I could kiss him. I could smell him. He was real. He was here. He is mine."

He could be a million miles away...and still be worth every single mile <3

We met in 2012
                        We became a couple in April 2014
                        Our lips first met August 8, 2014
                        Our beautiful 2nd visit was November 2014
                        Hoping to visit again for a New Years kiss
                        We'll spend my birthday and Valentines day in each other's arms <3 - Feb 2015
                        Our "spring break" in March 2015
                        Summer fun - June 2015
                        DISNEY WORLD!!! Sept 2015

LOVE > DISTANCE
                        QUALITY > CONVENIENCE

Comment

Skype calls really depend on our respective workloads. Sometimes, particularly on the weekends, we have calls that last for hours, but sometimes, particularly on weekdays, it can also just be barely an hour or less. We try to text a bit during the day at least, especially when he's taking a break at work.

~
                          It'll take a lot more than words and guns
                          A whole lot more than riches and muscle
                          The hands of the many must join as one
                          And together we'll cross the river

Comment

We text off and on throughout the day, then at night we Skype for at least an hour.

Comment

we used to talk on fb for about 2-3 hours at least each day, but recently it's gone to maybe half an hour at most about twice a week if i'm lucky >.<
                              my girls <3

Josie (SO)
                              Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
                              Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
                              Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
                              Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
                              Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
                              Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
                              Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
                              All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

I'm one of the lucky few who can say I talk to my SO literally 24/7.
                                We Skype each night for at least 7-8 hours; usually we're not talking and just doing our own thing whilst on Skype but we'll have small talk every now and then.
                                We'll actually have a conversation when we're both laying in bed and tryna fall asleep though.. not to mention that we fall asleep and leave Skype on overnight. :P
                                If we're not on Skype, it prob means we're at work/school and texting/Facebook messaging each other.
                                [CENTER]

first met: ~10.03
                                became official: 28.03.11
                                first meeting: 08.06.12 - 24.06.12 (jason in vancouver)
                                second meeting: 18.07.13 - 30.07.13 (jason in vancouver)
                                our first vacation together: 30.07.13 - 20.08.13 (cynthia in new orleans)
                                third meeting: 14.12.13 - 03.01.14 (cynthia in new orleans)
                                fourth meeting: 21.05.14-02.06.14 (jason in vancouver)
                                surprise! 13.08.14-27.08.14 (cynthia surprises jason in new orleans)
                                viva las vegas: 21.12.14 - 24.12.14 (c+j vacation together in vegas!)
                                jason's 1st canadian christmas: 24.12.14-02.01.15
                                my first mardi gras: 12.02.15-20.02.15

Comment

Working...
                                X