Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A clean break is best.
    Hugz for your pain.
    "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
    Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Sorry to hear it is over, but at least you know one way or the other or is that a

Comment

Sorry things didn't work out. Clean break for a reason, you'll be fine given time to yourself.

Comment

Awww, I'm sorry. Don't feel used though, sometimes people just don't realize that they simply aren't cut out for an LDR until they're in one, that sounds like what happened with him. It's hard, I know, but he did you a favor by letting you know, and not leaving you hanging, now you can begin to heal and move on. Good luck.
          Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Nuna View Post
            Thank's you two. Thank's for encouraging me. You are right.

It's definetly over with us. He wrote me a farewell-mail. We won't stay in contact.
            During our time together he was sweet and all to me, but I just feel used now...

It's probably the best solution.

I'm sorry this has happened, but he has done you a favor.

He would have been cruel to send you mixed messages any longer. His wishy washy approach was an indication that he was not all in and his comment about friendship was the other signal. When a man really wants to be with you, he is clear with his messages and you don't need to guess.

I understand why you feel used, but don't; some people are meant to be together and others aren't. You were a willing participant and he at no point explicitly said he was sure about a relationship. It's the risk we take when we love.

The man who will move mountains to be with you is waiting for you to get over this guy and find him ((hugs)).

Be good to yourself.
            Met Online : July 2013
            Met in person : April - May 2014 (3 wks)
            2nd visit : June - August 2014 (2 months)
            3rd visit : December - Jan (2wks)
            Proposal : December 2014
            Closed distance : February 2015
            Married : April 5, 2015

Comment

Thanks @ all for your kind (and not so kind ) words. You're all so nice to me.

I calmed down and had some time to think about the situation. Also did he think about it all again...
              He wrote me again and said, that he would like to stay in contact as friends.
              I answered, that currently I can't and wont do it.
              I will contact him maybe when I study abroad in Japan, summer next year. It's nice to have an old acquaintance in a different country

I'll live my life as best as I can and progress.

Thanks again! And even though I'm not in an LDR, I'll stay here

Comment

Working...
              X