How to overcome obstacles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Echo every-one else's comments....

Their house their rules, they are putting themselves out also to not make you sleep on the couch - so be grateful for that too!

If you two were sharing a bed together, I can tell right now, you would break their obvious 'no sex in our house' rule even if you did not intend to.

I know you are young, but give it time, while sex is fun, and enjoyable, it is not the be all and end all in a relationship... once you two have been together for longer and are a bit older they will probably mellow out some, or if not; then you have to just abide by the rules, or don't stay there if you can't go without it.

Comment

Yes you could be right. Maybe more time will get us that chance to sleep together. It's just a little hard to know that we can't. And I don't think I'd violate the rules if we slept together. I didn't violate it when we slept together at my place. Ultimately sleeping near each other doesn't equal sex automatically.

Comment

Originally posted by D4Joseph View Post
        You guys are all giving me different ways to look at this thank you! And yes I always use condoms and she's been on birth control for a few a weeks. That's why I'm confused and concerned about this. She says it came and went. I understand it is their house. I have to obey. I just wish we could sleep in the same bed that's all.
        If she's on the Pill, or any hormonal birth control, her period is going to be sporadic. It's called "spotting", and her doc, or whoever prescribed her the BC, should've went over this with her. She could get her period all month, not at all, a couple times a month, or even normally, while her body adjusts to it. When I first went on the Pill, my period was all over the place. I didn't know when it was coming, or when it was ending. After a couple months, it leveled out and come when it's supposed to (the week of the non-active pills).

Comment

Well that makes more sense now that you took the time to explain it. She didn't inform me whether or not the doctor spoke with her about it.

Comment

If you know which kind of BC she is on (and you should know! She is using it for the both of you), you can google it yourself and find out how it works. And talk to her about it, so she can explain what she knows, that way you can show you care about her health as well.
            I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
            - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
              If you know which kind of BC she is on (and you should know! She is using it for the both of you), you can google it yourself and find out how it works. And talk to her about it, so she can explain what she knows, that way you can show you care about her health as well.
              Apart from my bf knowing I'm on the pill, there is no way for him to know what kind it is and its not something he should need to know or care to know about I'm sure.

Comment

Originally posted by snow_girl View Post
                Apart from my bf knowing I'm on the pill, there is no way for him to know what kind it is and its not something he should need to know or care to know about I'm sure.
                The way for him to know is if you tell him. I am on Mirena, the main brand for hormonal IUD. Both my men has gotten thorough information about my bc, on request. SO was mostly interested in how it tecnically works, since he was concerned I would have trouble getting pregnant later on, husband mostly wanted to know about possible side effects and how it could affect our sex life. They have experienced the spotting effect as the first few months I would bleed on random, and we talked about what it was. Now I hardly bleed more than a teaspoon or two a month, while before I bled like a waterfall - especially SO needs reassurance that minibleeds is my new type of period and not that he hurt me somehow. To me, bc is a natural part of our relationship talks.
                I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
                  The way for him to know is if you tell him. I am on Mirena, the main brand for hormonal IUD. Both my men has gotten thorough information about my bc, on request. SO was mostly interested in how it tecnically works, since he was concerned I would have trouble getting pregnant later on, husband mostly wanted to know about possible side effects and how it could affect our sex life. They have experienced the spotting effect as the first few months I would bleed on random, and we talked about what it was. Now I hardly bleed more than a teaspoon or two a month, while before I bled like a waterfall - especially SO needs reassurance that minibleeds is my new type of period and not that he hurt me somehow. To me, bc is a natural part of our relationship talks.
                  I talk to mine about it all the time. He's very informed. Lol. Even while I'm trying to decide to switch to the IUD or Implant.

Comment

I always talked to my SO about my BC. I think its important for the man in the relationship to be aware and understand what is going on when it comes to whether or not he will be putting a baby inside of you.

Comment

So bottom line you're all saying I should just deal with not sleeping in the same bed as my gf and it's not a big deal?

Comment

So bottom line you're all saying I should just deal with not sleeping in the same bed as my gf and it's not a big deal?
                        That is correct my friend

Comment

Yes. And that if being able to do that is so important, then next time make sure to save up enough to be able to stay at a hotel so that you can.
                          To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Originally posted by snow_girl View Post
                            1. its her parents house, their rules, sorry bro.
                            2. If you don't want to have to rent a motel there are plenty back roads perfect for parking a car, back alleys and parks to get creative with
                            3. Are her parents ever not home and you can sneak in a quickie?
                            4. Periods shouldn't get in the way of sex, just think of her being wet but with a little added food colouring for funsies
                            5. Her second period probably means she is pregnant, should take a test for that.
                            AHAHAHA LET ME TELL YOU! My sister is pregnant and in an LDR and it's crazysauce.
                            My dad probably wishes he hadn't let them share a room. Sure you say you'll do no "funny business" but you guys are still having sex anyway, and again, my sister. They weren't up to "funny business" either. I understand why her dad's freaking out a bit even though I'm glad mine doesn't (Sis's LDR shouldn't affect the rules on mine, dammit)

Also yeah if she's already pregnant then have fun baby shopping online in a Skype call.
                            Met: Apr 2013
                            Mutual interest: July 2013
                            Relationship Began: November 6 2013
                            First Visit (Her to Me): July 4 2014
                            Second Visit (Me to Her): Jan/Feb 2015 Postponed due to sister having baby
                            Second Visit! (Her to Me again): June 16 2015 - July 4 2015
                            Engaged: June 29 2015 <3
                            Third Visit: (Her to me, working on it) January 19 2016 - February 2 2016

Comment

Well tbh based on other explanations it may have more to do with the BC pill than pregnancy

Comment

Working...
                              X