It's over.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's over.

After almost three years together we broke up. She had decided that she would rather stay out and enjoy the party route while at university than make time for our relationship. I feel so lost and confused at the moment and not really sure how to go about and handle all the emotions that are flooding through me right now.

I just wanted to say thanks for the support of the forum here and all the great members. I'm not sure if i'll still linger on here or not.
    sigpic
    A red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle but it will never break.

First met online: September 2011
    Got together: 5th March 2012
    First met in person: 2nd July 2014
    Next time we will be together: Christmas 2014

I am sorry to hear that.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I'm so sorry.....

Comment

I'm sorry that things could not work out. If you decide to stop posting that's understandable but you are always welcome, LDR or not. I wish you the best of luck and keep your head up. You will get through this!
        "The Only Heaven I'll Be Sent To,
        Is when I'm Alone With You."

Met: Sometime in 2016
        Started Relationship: August 9, 2017
        First Visit: December 7, 2017
        Closed the distance: February 9, 2018

Comment

Sorry to hear that you have split up, breakups are never easy.... Hope you are able to sort yourself out in due course and move on with your life, whichever route that it might take you.

Comment

Sorry to hear that wishing you all the best for the future.
            First met - June 2014
            Became official - 14 October 2014
            First meeting March 2015-S came to the UK
            I visited Arizona - June 2015
            I visited Arizona- November 2015
            2nd December 2015 - Got Engaged
            December 2015 - S came to England for Christmas with me
            May 2016- Closed the Distance!!!

Comment

That sucks, I'm really sorry I definitely know the feeling of wanting to go out and have a good time and party and stuff while being at my university which is in the city and the main reason I wanted to go there to explore the city and have fun but I really haven't had too much time to do that since I spend my free time talking with my boyfriend because of our schedule. It's hard balancing a LDR with being able to go out and party when you want to. I hope the two of you work things out and I wish you two the best!

Comment

Who even throws away 3 years of anything? Sounds like she's not mature enough for any of this anyway, there's better people to spend your time on.
                Met: Apr 2013
                Mutual interest: July 2013
                Relationship Began: November 6 2013
                First Visit (Her to Me): July 4 2014
                Second Visit (Me to Her): Jan/Feb 2015 Postponed due to sister having baby
                Second Visit! (Her to Me again): June 16 2015 - July 4 2015
                Engaged: June 29 2015 <3
                Third Visit: (Her to me, working on it) January 19 2016 - February 2 2016

Comment

I'm sorry it didn't work out. Don't feel that you need to leave just because you aren't in a LDR. I hope you take the time you need to heal and move forward.
                  To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

This does suck. Upside is at least she was honest and open about her thoughts, rather than falling into temptation and cheating.
                    Maybe after a couple years of your SO in college, and the party phase is over, then perhaps you can continue where you left off.
                    Wish the best for you
                    sigpic
                    Met August 2012
                    Official Nov. 18 2012
                    Visited him in Italy August 8 2013
                    He's visiting April 7-28 2014
                    I visited: Aug. 26-Sept. 25 2014

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear that. Best wishes to you.

Comment

A shame it came to that, but at least she was honest. Take good care of yourself, I wish you all the best.

~
                        It'll take a lot more than words and guns
                        A whole lot more than riches and muscle
                        The hands of the many must join as one
                        And together we'll cross the river

Comment

I'm really sorry this happened to you and for all the pain and hurt it is causing.
                          Hang around the forum if you feel like it or come back after a little break if it reminds you too much of your relationship at the moment.
                          Take care of yourself.

Comment

Hey, try not to give up. Try to speak to her & understand why . Maybe you'll cross paths one day and that she was meant to be yours.

Comment

Working...
                            X