Documentary on LDR- Paid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Honour View Post
    Sigh. My SO and I are both less than 22. Or at least, I won't be 22 until the 4th February.

It was a nice thought, whilst it lasted...
    I can lend you my ID.

Comment

Seeing these things always gets my hopes up but the last two times I didn't even get a response. Well, it's always worth a try.
      First contact: March, 2014
      Official LDR: June, 2014
      Married since: August, 2017
      “有一种幸福就是每天睁开眼睛,就知道你在。” -Xinxin

Comment

It's always worth a try if you are interested!

Comment

Originally posted by Ahava View Post
          I can lend you my ID.
          Heh. I'll just wait. There's no immediate rush, besides, if all goes well I'll be there next summer.

Comment

I've had a few emails back and forth, seems genuine and they haven't asked for anything dodgy. I just need to talk to my SO properly about it to make sure he's 100% happy.

Comment

Sigh. My SO and I are both less than 22. Or at least, I won't be 22 until the 4th February.

It was a nice thought, whilst it lasted...
              22 is an old age to pick, I would have thought 21. Perhaps they would make an exception since you are so close? I would ask and see what they say.
              Last edited by Hollandia; January 22, 2015, 12:53 PM.
              "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
              Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Hollandia View Post
                22 is an old age to pick, I would have thought 21. Perhaps they would make an exception since you are so close? I would ask and see what they say.
                Sounds like they want both partners to be 22. My SO is 4 years younger than me, lol. Or I would apply.

Comment

Sounds like they want both partners to be 22. My SO is 4 years younger than me, lol. Or I would apply.
                  ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Sorry.
                  "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
                  Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I sent an email, but I doubt I can do it as I am not authorized to leave my post for the first 90 days at site - which would be March 30. I'd love to see my SO again - and London was really special to us so that would be a bonus :-D

Comment

I would apply but unfortunately me and Lis are 20 and 19 :/

Comment

Originally posted by Shauny View Post
                        I would apply but unfortunately me and Lis are 20 and 19 :/
                        I feel your pain, trust me.

Comment

I don't understand the age thing to be honest... You're an adult and obliged to travel alone at 18. We've already met for a month in the UK and now it's my turn to go to the US. If only I had a bit more money. I would love to star in a show like this because it's difficult when many around you see this type of relationship as fake and unreal, and make fun of you for it. It's difficult for parents especially to understand because this wasn't possible in their time. It's most likely the older members here have stable jobs and can maintain a visiting schedule. Much harder for us under 21s...

Comment

I don't understand the age thing to be honest... You're an adult and obliged to travel alone at 18. We've already met for a month in the UK and now it's my turn to go to the US. If only I had a bit more money. I would love to star in a show like this because it's difficult when many around you see this type of relationship as fake and unreal, and make fun of you for it. It's difficult for parents especially to understand because this wasn't possible in their time. It's most likely the older members here have stable jobs and can maintain a visiting schedule. Much harder for us under 21s...
                            I'm about to turn 22 soon, but my SO is 4 years younger than me, so I still understand quite well. If I could help turn some people's opinions over LDRs, I'd very much like that, but as long as there's always one who says it's a bad thing, blah blah blah, people will never understand unless they end up in the same situation we're in.

Comment

Long distance relationships test you on if it's real love or just infatuation. LDRs can't survive on infatuation alone. Proximity relationships do no such thing.

Comment

Long distance relationships test you on if it's real love or just infatuation. LDRs can't survive on infatuation alone. Proximity relationships do no such thing.
                                Aye, and they also test your patience, your loyalty and faithfulness. Your strength too. Honestly think LDRs are more intimate, because you learn the truth about your partner, and you learn and come to understand them on a greater level than you ever could in a close distance relationship. That's my opinion, anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X