Documentary on LDR- Paid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SalMac View Post
    As everyone now knows, this has been confirmed by Michelle. As there are a lot of nevermet couples on here I was expecting more people to have jumped at the chance to get flown to see their Nevermet SO and be paid £3000 for their time. If you are interested do let us know asap. It's a truly unique opportunity and if you want clarification that we are a production company you can call indy8 and confirm who we are.

We are still looking for Nevermets but the opportunity will end probably today or Monday latest so let us know right away if you want a paid trip to see your nevermet SO.

Thanks
    There may not be as many active users on here that never met as you might think. I look through the posts and most of the time see users that have met their SO at least once. There are rarely ever more than 100 users online at once. Of those I'll guess maybe 5-10 never met their SO. There are a lot of couples who have used this website, but those that continue to use it beyond the initial few posts and maybe checking in every few months seems to be a lot smaller.
    Then there are also those who are simply not interested. Sure it's a great opportunity but I'm sure a sizable portion of people would prefer to have their first meeting kept to themselves as it is a special moment.
    And to the constant question as to the state of this projects validity. I think more information should have been included in the first post. Posting the address to the indy8 website as well as a contact who works directly for indy8 who could confirm for anyone the project and that you are legitimately working for them would go a long way. Some dates and details of the plan would also attract more attention. Any updates later in the thread can easily be missed.

Well those are just my thoughts. I could be wrong in many ways. lol
    First contact: March, 2014
    Official LDR: June, 2014
    Married since: August, 2017
    “有一种幸福就是每天睁开眼睛,就知道你在。” -Xinxin

Comment

I received the following email from Rupert at Indy8 which leads me to believe this is legit. This is kind of exciting...

"Hi Michael,
      It is indeed a legitimate production.
      I've cc'd in Christian Gill who is producing the film so he can answer any questions you have.
      Kind regards,
      Rupert

Rupert Reynolds-MacLean
      Executive Producer
      www.indy8.com
      +447590 691189

Making Content Better
      "

Comment

Originally posted by Wolv View Post
        I received the following email from Rupert at Indy8 which leads me to believe this is legit. This is kind of exciting...

"Hi Michael,
        It is indeed a legitimate production.
        I've cc'd in Christian Gill who is producing the film so he can answer any questions you have.
        Kind regards,
        Rupert

Rupert Reynolds-MacLean
        Executive Producer
        www.indy8.com
        +447590 691189

Making Content Better
        "
        That's exactly who I spoke with. It is very exciting but they only can support a single couple. I originally thought it would be something like a 40 minute production interviewing several people about their experiences but it turned out to be something totally different. haha. To whoever is chosen I just hope it works for them. I'd love to be reading their story on here and seeing the final product myself.

Comment

The first meet videos I've seen online are super cute, but so super awkward cause you can tell people know they're being watched, or the person video-ing will say something awkward like "get a room" and it's just like "eeeeee! I don't want that plastered all over the internet!!" The internet is worse than television anymore! Things go viral!! Lol (this is just me being dramatic but serious! lol)

I think this would be a great chance for people who don't mind it, but in 47 days, I just want it to be me and him and the few other random people in the airport minding their own business lol I'm going to be awkward enough as it is without someone pointing it out
          "Sometimes you just have to let art flow over you."

Comment

I honestly didn't know that was a thing. After reading your comment I looked it up on youtube, ldr couples meeting for the first time. Only to see a long list of videos. haha. I was a little surprised.

Comment

It's cute, huh
              "Sometimes you just have to let art flow over you."

Comment

If anyone gets chosen, please share a link so that we can all see your experience

I would have applied however both me and my SO are too young and family situations prevent us from meeting yet unfortunately.

Comment

I had a chat with Pascal Hughes, a co-worker of SalMac's. This IS a legit offer. Unfortunately, due to circumstances at the moment, we are unable to go ahead with this offer. But I hope someone does take up the offer, because it seems worth it.

Comment

Many thanks Honour. I appreciate you calling Pascal. We are still ke who might even slightly be interested in finding out more. If any other couples are not 22 as initially stated that is potentially fine don't let this put you off. Contact me anytime as we are struggling to find nevermet couples who are keen. We do pay £3000 to the couple we film with and are happy to talk to anyone!

Many thanks,

Comment

Thanks Wolv, indeed Pascal didn't realise I already had this thread so he was banned. Sorry about that. Can we arrange a chat as soon as possible? you can add pascal on skype name pascalhughes2 if you like. Sorry I hope putting that skype name does not go against the group rules.

Do please feel free to give Indy8 a call. Pascal is there now.
                      Kind regards

Comment

It's a great oppotunity and we are not having much luck finding nevermets as yet. If you are potentially interested please let me know as soon as possible. Cheers

Comment

I've added Pascal on Skype! I'll speak to him after work and see what the terms are

Comment

So, I called and answered questions and I was told I'd be given updates. Then Skype says I've been removed from contacts so I don't think I got the place

Comment

I sent in a short 5 minute video they asked for talking about my relationship. They asked for my SO to do the same, and he recorded a video as well.
                              Haven't heard from anyone in almost three weeks, so I guess we didn't get picked. Guessing because we have already met each other.
                              sigpic
                              Met August 2012
                              Official Nov. 18 2012
                              Visited him in Italy August 8 2013
                              He's visiting April 7-28 2014
                              I visited: Aug. 26-Sept. 25 2014

Comment

Originally posted by aojeda50 View Post
                                I sent in a short 5 minute video they asked for talking about my relationship. They asked for my SO to do the same, and he recorded a video as well.
                                Haven't heard from anyone in almost three weeks, so I guess we didn't get picked. Guessing because we have already met each other.
                                Yeah same with me. I was however asked if meeting her again after just 3/4 months would be as emotional and as exciting as the first; my answer was obviously yes.

Comment

Working...
                                X