She's too difficult to buy for! pleaaase help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S41r4 View Post
    If i asked for a wish list she'd say no because 1) she couldn't be bothered to do it 2) she'd tell me not to buy her anything
    Then don't buy her anything. If she even bothers to say something about it then you get to be mad
    Met: Apr 2013
    Mutual interest: July 2013
    Relationship Began: November 6 2013
    First Visit (Her to Me): July 4 2014
    Second Visit (Me to Her): Jan/Feb 2015 Postponed due to sister having baby
    Second Visit! (Her to Me again): June 16 2015 - July 4 2015
    Engaged: June 29 2015 <3
    Third Visit: (Her to me, working on it) January 19 2016 - February 2 2016

Comment

Valentine's Day is overhyped and overrated, you don't need a single day of the year to care for your SO more than any other day. Just be yourself, the man she loves, that's more than she could ever want.

Comment

I agree with others that if you really want to do something for her, you could take her out to dinner (if you are seeing each other), or something personal. My SO isn't the romantic type, and he thinks flowers are dumb, so I'm probably not getting anything. But, I love holidays, and I do like V-Day to an extent, mostly because I've never had one of those cliché V-Day's, even with my ex, so I still want one. But, he does compromise and did surprise me with flowers and a gold dipped rose last year.

Also, like your SO, mine never wants anything. Though he doesn't have much money, I still get him stuff. Some of it is sentimental, some of it material. This year, I'm thinking of just getting him the Love Coupon book, making him some Open When... letters, and getting him a gift card to his favorite Darts shop.

It's also like a quadruple whammy for me because our anniversary is 3 days before Christmas, then we have Christmas, then a month a half later it's V-Day, and then maybe 2 months later it's his Birthday. But, at least I get everything out of the way fast, I just have to plan in advance.

Good luck!!
        Last edited by whatruckus; January 21, 2015, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Everyone likes good food and a movie. Can't go wrong with that. If she doesn't like an audience, set up a date at home, or have half the date at home.
          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
          - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Thank you all so much for all your advice and tips. I feel like I’m portraying her to be a selfish ungrateful person but I promise she’s not that bad!
            We ended up having a quick chat about it, we’re going to try to meet the weekend before vday and have our own one, although no idea what we’d do different as we’re already really cute and every evening spent together is super cute. And if we can’t meet, as long as she isn’t working on vday we’re going to do something together. This is where I LOVE all of your suggestions I see on here, skype date, cook something together, I’m gonna have to tread carefully because I don’t want her to feel silly/uncomfortable.

She keeps telling me how much she’s willing to change and compromise because she loves me and wants to make me happy. And if I’m honest, so far so true.

Comment

Originally posted by S41r4 View Post
              She keeps telling me how much she’s willing to change and compromise because she loves me and wants to make me happy. And if I’m honest, so far so true.
              Let's hope she keeps up the good work

Comment

Haha, I totally laughed about the "I was more excited to send it"...that is sooooo me - dealing with my bf. While he's super sweet and definitely shows me affection...he's emotionally handicapped I'm pretty sure lol

He loves to read and in his Christmas box, I sent him a Kindle Fire. He loves using it and was very appreciative but excited is the last word I'd use to describe his reaction. He's terrible to buy for.

Anyway...

If she says she doesn't want anything - maybe she doesn't want anything. Think outside the box...send her "open when" envelopes, or a hand written poem, or letter. Something personal. =)
                "I ran to him. I dropped my luggage and ran to him. My heart melted in my chest as I wrapped my arms around his neck. I could feel him. I could kiss him. I could smell him. He was real. He was here. He is mine."

He could be a million miles away...and still be worth every single mile <3

We met in 2012
                We became a couple in April 2014
                Our lips first met August 8, 2014
                Our beautiful 2nd visit was November 2014
                Hoping to visit again for a New Years kiss
                We'll spend my birthday and Valentines day in each other's arms <3 - Feb 2015
                Our "spring break" in March 2015
                Summer fun - June 2015
                DISNEY WORLD!!! Sept 2015

LOVE > DISTANCE
                QUALITY > CONVENIENCE

Comment

Open when letters and poems etc are too mushy for me. I really don’t think she’d get the essence of them, so I’ve bought things….

1. Michael Kors top – I know she likes his stuff and owns some already, but OMG I keep switching between two different colours…maybe I should do a poll here
                  2. LV card holder, she uses a nice one already but I thought this would be nice for nights out, all the stuff you could need
                  3. a small black and white canvas of us from my last trip earlier this month

Comment

Open when letters and poems are really what you make of them. I have only made him one poem ever, and that was a joking poem! I do write poetry and other fiction/non-fiction, but it is not stuff I write "to" someone. I prefer to dedicate what others have written. My open when letters have included hot chocolate, drawings, underwear, lipstick kisses and so on. I am really not that muschy, I am more dramatic But it upsets me so, so I am mostly just calm about things.

A black and white canvas sounds like a very nice gift. I have given SO pics of us and me before as well. When he comes here, I hope to organize a photograher to take pics of all three of us (taking pics on my visits is always an issue, since he mostly works when I visit him and nighttime pics tend to not look that good).
                    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Open when letters do not have to be mushy! =)
                      I sent my bf a box of "open when" packages and included "open when you're sick" (inlcuded vitamin C, cough drops, honey, green tea, etc), "open when you miss me" (included a picture of us and a cd with songs we belt out loud in the car together + a note) "open when you're bored" (a whoopie cushion, deck of cards, small pocket games, rubix cube, etc) "open when you need encouragement" (a small tin filled with magnetic words of encouragement, a letter) "open when you are mad" (candy "something sweet when you're feeling sour", a letter and a silly poem)

I'm sure she will love all of your gifts but I just wanted to share how you can make "open when" - your own! =)
                      "I ran to him. I dropped my luggage and ran to him. My heart melted in my chest as I wrapped my arms around his neck. I could feel him. I could kiss him. I could smell him. He was real. He was here. He is mine."

He could be a million miles away...and still be worth every single mile <3

We met in 2012
                      We became a couple in April 2014
                      Our lips first met August 8, 2014
                      Our beautiful 2nd visit was November 2014
                      Hoping to visit again for a New Years kiss
                      We'll spend my birthday and Valentines day in each other's arms <3 - Feb 2015
                      Our "spring break" in March 2015
                      Summer fun - June 2015
                      DISNEY WORLD!!! Sept 2015

LOVE > DISTANCE
                      QUALITY > CONVENIENCE

Comment

Working...
                      X