It looks real.....finally!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks real.....finally!

It seems my fairytale ending is really going to happen! Finally, after almost three years! Background, for those who don't know:

My fiancé is in NY, I am in GA. Last feb he was looking for a job here in Atlanta, and after three months of interviews he landed his dream job.....in NY. Although I was happy for him, I was devastated for us and we nearly broke up. I just couldn't see him getting down here. He swore he would transfer after his six months training. The problem is that the same position would need to be available, and he would have to interview for it like everyone else.

He quickly became a superstar at his company and received a very substantial raise after just a few months, which was surprising. In sept the position in Atlanta became available and he had a phone interview with the regional VP, Kevin. He never heard back and the position was filled. I became very depressed and he started to look for another job here, but I didn't want him to leave. First off because the salary is amazing and secondly because it's a great company to work for. So he changed his plan, made arrangements to rent his house and we planned him to move here at the end of 2014 and commute on Monday and Friday. He would stay with his mom during the week. After Christmas the plan with his mom fell through, and once again I thought it wouldn't work and there was no way I could continue LD. A few weeks ago he was selected for a national training program where he will be training his entire district. That was huge, because he is there less than a year and came from outside the industry. It would give him the opportunity to meet a lot of people from the company, and maybe make more contacts in the south.

Earlier this week, another position became available in Alabama, which is Kevin's district. EVEN THOUGH the job is a step down, and a salary cut, he was willing to take it to be closer to me and stay in the company. He called Kevin to express interest in interviewing and Kevin told him that he had called SO back after the initial interview in SEPT and SO never returned the call so he hired someone else. SO never got a message Anyway, Kevin told him that he wouldn't consider SO for the Alabama position because based on his reputation and the good things he is hearing from all the bigwigs, SO needs to be in a major metro market and Alabama isn't major (Kevin's district is the biggest in the company). So although this was sad news, at least we know Kevin has heard good things about him.

Yesterday, SO called me to tell him that KEVIN personally picked SO to be on his team for the national training program. NOBODY gets requested...you just get "placed". This is fabulous...Kevin apparently wants to work with SO and get to know him.....a set up for a future position in GA? I TOLD SO maybe Kevin turned him down for the Alabama position because Kevin has something in mind for him. That's when SO REMEMBERED SEEING ANOTHER POSITION....a promotion, available in the town next to where I live! Although we aren't getting our hopes up yet, this looks very promising. This company is all about family, and they know his family is in GA, and they don't want him to leave, so that's a plus.

In the meantime he worked out a place to live during the week, and our closing the distance date is February 20, when he will officially be here with the contents of his house. He will still commute to NY FOR WORK, BUT I GET HIN EVERY WEEKEND!

I am so happy. It really looks like it will end well for us.
    Last edited by TaraMarie; January 30, 2015, 06:50 AM.
    sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Such good news
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

That's awesome news TinaMarie!!
      I'm so happy for you guys!

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
      Married April 18th, 2015!!
      Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Woohoo! Happy for you!

Comment

I always love hearing good news on here. My fingers are crossed for the position in GA. So happy for you guys

Comment

Yay! That's amazing!

Comment

That's awesome! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you two!! Keep us in the loop!
              "Sometimes you just have to let art flow over you."

Comment

That's great to hear, I hope everything goes smoothly!
                Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Congratulations .....hope it all goes according to plan.

Comment

Thank you, all! It's been a long time coming......but finally the light at the end of the tunnel IS'NT a train!
                    sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

Great news! Things are falling into place finally...it will happen!
                      Met Online : July 2013
                      Met in person : April - May 2014 (3 wks)
                      2nd visit : June - August 2014 (2 months)
                      3rd visit : December - Jan (2wks)
                      Proposal : December 2014
                      Closed distance : February 2015
                      Married : April 5, 2015

Comment

That's fantastic! Really happy for you two!

~
                        It'll take a lot more than words and guns
                        A whole lot more than riches and muscle
                        The hands of the many must join as one
                        And together we'll cross the river

Comment

That's amazing news! Congratulations!! :-)

Comment

Working...
                          X