Hard to say good bye. Help to not cry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TwoThree View Post
    You have absolutely no way of knowing who gets it the hardest, so that assumption is silly. You see your SO every month or so, don't pretend like you know how hard it is for me who see mine four times a year (at best)
    Did I say I know what it is like for you? No, I don't. I made no comment about you, or anyone else seeing their SO four times a year - or only every other year, for that matter. I was commenting because it seems to me that those who see their SO every 2nd week or more often than that seem to have a special challenge in that they are constantly uprooted. I have made this point several times before, so I don't know why it seems suddenly radical. I know what it is like to go from seeing sometone every two months to seeing them every month and the experience is not all good. Like people who travel a lot for work, I often feel like I don't live anywhere, and would not want to make that feeling stronger by seeing SO more often. Or, given the chance, maybe I would, who knows. It all depends on circumstance. Take my "the worst" with a pinch of salt. It is relative to those saying seeing evey week or half the week is not hard at all.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
      Did I say I know what it is like for you? No, I don't. I made no comment about you, or anyone else seeing their SO four times a year - or only every other year, for that matter. I was commenting because it seems to me that those who see their SO every 2nd week or more often than that seem to have a special challenge in that they are constantly uprooted. I have made this point several times before, so I don't know why it seems suddenly radical. I know what it is like to go from seeing sometone every two months to seeing them every month and the experience is not all good. Like people who travel a lot for work, I often feel like I don't live anywhere, and would not want to make that feeling stronger by seeing SO more often. Or, given the chance, maybe I would, who knows. It all depends on circumstance. Take my "the worst" with a pinch of salt. It is relative to those saying seeing evey week or half the week is not hard at all.
      I don't know, I'd much rather feel uprooted every few weeks, rather than only having my three little visits a year. Home doesn't need to be defined by a tangible place, but a feeling in your heart; you can belong to more than one piece of dirt. I know it's not a competition, but I'll admit freely rolling my eyes at posts like this, and it's why I usually ignore them. I'm more concerned that the OP seems overly co-dependent in that she can't get through a few days on her own, considering that sometimes when you both have full-time jobs and other obligations, you really only have weekends anyway, in real life.

For me, the "difficulty" of frequent visits far outweighs infrequent ones.
      Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
        Speaking for myself, having been in a relationship where I saw him every weekend as to now where I am in one where I got to see him 4 times in 12 months - I have lived both experiences and have to say comparatively, every weekend isn't hard at all. In the relationship where I saw him every weekend, I helped him move and decorate. I had my own space there. I had my own key, etc. I never felt displaced. It was just being able to go visit pretty much every weekend. It wasn't dramatic or overwhelming - it was what it was and we made the best of the situation. I'd be thrilled if my current SO was so close.
        To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Regardless, everyone is entitled to their own feelings. I thought this forum was for support. We all have our own row to hoe. Let's lift each other up. It's better than tearing each other down. Most of us do that to ourselves ENOUGH.
          sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

Working...
          X