Valentine's day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Miasmata View Post
    Aw, I felt like a doofus later - During our Skype call, when I commented that I'm glad we both don't really care about Valentines Day, my SO got a bit quiet. He said he does care about it, because all his past Valentines Days were lonely and just reminded him of how miserable he was about it. He said that his first Valentines Day with someone else is at least a bit special, and he was very happy we had a good time together. Bah, I sure felt stupid for not knowing that, though he was a bit stupid for not telling me! I wanted to give him the biggest hug right then and there!

I guess that means that our day was a bit more special than I thought, and without knowing, I made it very special for him. That was nice, though I hope in the future, he tells me feelings/thoughts like those before dummy me steps on toes!
    This is the first time I actually had a decent Valentine's Day as well, because the rest have been any other day for me, or spent alone, or ex's that didn't give a damn or didn't have the time or didn't want to spend the time! So I hear you.

Comment

Me and my SO were looking for somewhat romantic movies to watch, but we had no luck since we don't really like romantic movies in the first place. So we ended up watching Mulan together and then we Skyped all night.

Comment

Originally posted by SageLeaf View Post
        I sent my partner a cake in a jar and some chocolates - she's always loved my cakes and misses them whenever we're not together. We're about to Skype now and watch a movie together - she's spent the day at school so we just want the rest of the evening together.
        I love the Idea of sending her a cake you baked!

Comment

Originally posted by Honour View Post
          Actually, an 8 hour Skype call became 13. I fell asleep to him saying, "I'm going to let you go for now. See you tomorrow. I love you."

Nice to see others had a great day too! In each and every little way.
          Sounds like a perfect date. I've only spent max of 6 hours on Skype to my SO, couldn't imagine 13 hours it sounds like you had a blast !

Comment

SO didn't end up making it back until after midnight. Then when I found out his "quick stop" on the way back entailed 3 beers with the guys and then also taking his friends son somewhere - well an argument ensued this morning. I did not drive 16 hours to spend 99% of the day by myself. Holidays aren't a big deal to him but this was a special day for me.
            To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

We didn't do anything special, neither of us is really into Valentine's Day, so we just has a 40 minute call in the evening which was really nice

Met online: February 2011
              Met the first time: August 16, 2011

Comment

While nothing special was planned or happened, we did get to skype for at least 4 hours, which was really nice since we often only get to once every 1-2 months, so that in itself is pretty special. It didn't start off great, because we've been having some issues connecting recently and I'd been insensitive without even realising it so he was a bit upset, which made me sad, but once we got past that part we had a really good conversation

Earlier in the week I received a belated Christmas present from him combined with a Valentine's Day card, which was really nice. He bought me a new pair of binoculars, they're pretty awesome
                Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
                First met: June 13th 2006

Comment

It was lovely. I got him a card, he got me a rose. We went out for a walk in the neighbourhood, he showed me around some other houses he went to see while he was still searching for a place to buy. Ours is the best
                  Later we went out to dinner in our local pub, then snuggled on the sofa and watched a film. It was really sweet.

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCat View Post
                    While nothing special was planned or happened, we did get to skype for at least 4 hours, which was really nice since we often only get to once every 1-2 months, so that in itself is pretty special. It didn't start off great, because we've been having some issues connecting recently and I'd been insensitive without even realising it so he was a bit upset, which made me sad, but once we got past that part we had a really good conversation

Earlier in the week I received a belated Christmas present from him combined with a Valentine's Day card, which was really nice. He bought me a new pair of binoculars, they're pretty awesome
                    As a random aside, I've noticed on your ticker that you've nearly been together ten years. That's awesome!

Comment

Valentines is way gone but I still feel very good about our long chat that night. We talked a lot about our future together. It's always my favorite subject. This valentines was special because even that we are LD this is our first time we're both living on our own and seriously looking into the future together. Today our 3 year anniversary is only two days away!!!

Comment

I just received the card he sent me today and it made me cry. (It is a good thing) Just so touched <3

Comment

The highlight of the day for me was him pulling me into a jewelers to look at rings we'd been talking about how we're planning not only on moving in together, but on moving out of state together, and that while we know we're in this for the long run he wanted a commitment that was a bit more tangible. We ended up finding a diamond that we both really like (vintage/old European cut) and even if he doesn't end up getting it, it was a wonderful experience. I couldn't stop grinning the entire time.
                          So, here you are
                          too foreign for home
                          too foreign for here.
                          Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

Ours was put on hold until the Tuesday after, because my hard drive was still in the mail.
                            It was actually the second year (2 out of 2 V-Days, ugh) where we had argued on Valentine's Day over something really stupid because during both Valentine's Days my computer was broken. I am very very very bad with technology.
                            Met: Apr 2013
                            Mutual interest: July 2013
                            Relationship Began: November 6 2013
                            First Visit (Her to Me): July 4 2014
                            Second Visit (Me to Her): Jan/Feb 2015 Postponed due to sister having baby
                            Second Visit! (Her to Me again): June 16 2015 - July 4 2015
                            Engaged: June 29 2015 <3
                            Third Visit: (Her to me, working on it) January 19 2016 - February 2 2016

Comment

Working...
                            X