I feel devastated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unicorn26 View Post
    I'm so glad it's not just me!!!! I often think I have the raw end of the deal too. He wakes up and I'm always about, he gets to say goodnight to me at his dinner time the he has the evening free to do with as he pleases! If he goes to sleep at midnight I'm usually up by then so he gets to say goodnight too. Lucky devil. He doesn't know he's born!!! Hahahahahahaha!!!

We've just had a long chat. I cried, he felt like crap, we are both horribly frustrated by life at the moment. It's so hard, but he did say he loves me to death and hates to see me upset. I was awful to him in my text this morning and I feel terrible about it. His valentine gift to me went missing in the post and I accused him of lying and not even sending one. I'm so awful sometimes but he's been terribly slack with the cards and stuff lately. I had nothing from him for Christmas or when I was in hospital and recovering from surgery so it's not me just being a brat, it's unresolved issues I've swallowed that have come back and bitten us hard.

Moral of the story is... COMMUNICATE. Don't leave things to fester. Best to get them out in the open early before they become a big problem. Hope everything gets sorted soon OP xxxxx
    Yeah I didn't get a card or present for valentines day either , and it sounds like a similar thing. I am always pretty 'on it' with sending cards/presents etc, whereas my gf just doesn't seem to put in the effort with that kind of stuff.

The time zones are so annoying, sometimes I will stay up till the early hours of the morning so we can whatsapp, the next day I am exhausted and feel like I've made another sacrifice at the altar of long distance relationships, but my gf has to deal with none of that, and seems pretty inconsiderate when setting skype times.

/rant over

Comment

Ha! It never occurred to me about the person ahead in time of the other It does annoy me that by the time I'm wide awake and raring to go, he's on his last legs and can sometimes be a little on the cranky side I'll be more sympathetic to his 7/8 hour head start in the day now considering he only rarely sends me ranty, pissy texts in the middle of my night. Now me on the other hand?? I have a reputation for sending those when he's passed out and defenseless
      "Sometimes you just have to let art flow over you."

Comment

Ok here's what happened. He overslept today (or should I say tonight since he works nights and sleeps during the day) and had to rush to get ready for work. He texted me saying "I'm sorry I overslept and just got out of the shower. What's up?" I text him back saying I really need to talk to him. He says "Ok but it will have to be through texting." Not ideal at all. I didn't want to resolve this through texting but since he had to get dressed and get ready for work I allowed it. So I told him everything. He apologized, felt bad blah blah blah. And I ask him if he still wants to meet me and he says yes he does, he just needs to look at his schedule. I ask him other things too like if I can come over during summer? When are you off next? etc. but no answer since I know he's driving on his way to work right now and he turns his phone off when he's working.

So yes he's a super goof ball and he's a huge idiot, but he's my idiot and I love him dearly. At least he still loves me and is still interested in meeting me. The biggest problem with this is his job and the distance, but mostly his job. He once told me that even if I wasn't in school and lived with him he still wouldn't get to spend much time with me because he's asleep when I'm awake and vice versa. If his job is the only problem I have to deal with in this relationship then I can manage this much. At least I don't have to worry about him cheating on me, he doesn't have the time lol

Comment

Told you everything would be fine, just over thinking
          "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Lol I know . My anxiety gets the best of me sometimes and I always assume the worst case scenerio.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSteelAngel View Post
              Lol I know . My anxiety gets the best of me sometimes and I always assume the worst case scenerio.
              I and many others are like that. It's a wonder I'm sane at all lol
              "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Originally posted by TheSteelAngel View Post
                It's an ongoing learning process I struggle turning it off too
                "Sometimes you just have to let art flow over you."

Comment

Originally posted by Unconditional View Post
                  I and many others are like that. It's a wonder I'm sane at all lol
                  I wonder about my sanity as well lol.

Comment

I think it's hangin on by a thread, orrrrrr I'm already insane, and so is everyone else! :0

((SO says we should be able to talk tomorrow or tuesday.. hopefully tomorrow after work =))).

Comment

Originally posted by Unconditional View Post
                      I think it's hangin on by a thread, orrrrrr I'm already insane, and so is everyone else! :0

((SO says we should be able to talk tomorrow or tuesday.. hopefully tomorrow after work =))).
                      I hope so too. Good luck ))

Comment

I know that anxiety issue all too well! Best you can do is take good care of yourself and work against those thought patterns. When you catch yourself thinking this stuff, keep thinking against it and rationalizing it away. It takes practice and doesn't always work, but stay persistent, it pays off and gets easier over time!

~
                        It'll take a lot more than words and guns
                        A whole lot more than riches and muscle
                        The hands of the many must join as one
                        And together we'll cross the river

Comment

So glad to wake today and read all this!!!

I hope your chat goes well later today OP, it's so comforting to know there are others out here facing the same struggles and that our anxiety is "normal" in these situations.

I woke today to a lovely GM text and a YouTube link to a song - Future Days by Pearl Jam...

My soppy git is back, love him so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Unicorn26 View Post
                            So glad to wake today and read all this!!!

I hope your chat goes well later today OP, it's so comforting to know there are others out here facing the same struggles and that our anxiety is "normal" in these situations.

I woke today to a lovely GM text and a YouTube link to a song - Future Days by Pearl Jam...

My soppy git is back, love him so much.
                            I'm so glad things are going well for you too I don't think we'll chat long today, but he did promise that he'd text me later. Hopefully I'll at least know when he's off next

Comment

Working...
                            X