Feeling super stressed out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheSteelAngel View Post
    I completely understand this and I'm glad that you brought this up actually. After reading my original post I realized how incredibly selfish I've been for writing this. I haven't been thinking about how he must be feeling at all and I feel terrible. I've heard about the high break up and divorce rates between LEO/Military couples and I swore to myself that that isn't gonna be us and it won't be us. I guess I just go crazy sometimes when we don't talk but when we do everything is great. I just need to talk to him and be able to see his face again lol
    Yea. It felt a little worse for me because when me and my SO met, he was working for a courier company as a courier and he only worked Tues - Fri until about 11am - 2pm (depending on his delivery load), so I got to see him/talk to him all the time. I even used to go to work with him on Fridays when I had off. It was fun. Then, he got this CO job, and now I barely see him/talk to him. I barely even see him if I'm at his house, unless he has off when I'm there. So, I know how you feel. It gets really annoying sometimes. Even this weekend, I'm thinking of staying home because I know I won't get to see him much (he's working) and I don't have the money (and my mom wants to go shopping, so yay shopping!).

It sucks, but for these guys...their career is always going to come first (unless you get married, but even still...). You just gotta stick with it and communicate to him. I tell mine in emails (when I can't actually talk to him/see him) that it sucks I haven't been able to see him for a while, or talk to him in a while. He gets the hint and tries to make the effort to communicate more.

Comment

Originally posted by whatruckus View Post
      Yea. It felt a little worse for me because when me and my SO met, he was working for a courier company as a courier and he only worked Tues - Fri until about 11am - 2pm (depending on his delivery load), so I got to see him/talk to him all the time. I even used to go to work with him on Fridays when I had off. It was fun. Then, he got this CO job, and now I barely see him/talk to him. I barely even see him if I'm at his house, unless he has off when I'm there. So, I know how you feel. It gets really annoying sometimes. Even this weekend, I'm thinking of staying home because I know I won't get to see him much (he's working) and I don't have the money (and my mom wants to go shopping, so yay shopping!).

It sucks, but for these guys...their career is always going to come first (unless you get married, but even still...). You just gotta stick with it and communicate to him. I tell mine in emails (when I can't actually talk to him/see him) that it sucks I haven't been able to see him for a while, or talk to him in a while. He gets the hint and tries to make the effort to communicate more.
      Yeah. I guess I don't mind as much being second banana to his job. We just need to make sure we talk a bit more often. He hasn't texted me back in two days now so I guess things have gotten busy again. I just wish he'd tell me when he's off so I don't need to keep asking him about it lol.

Comment

Yeah, that is something I'm not looking forward to - Engineers often have to travel and work on different projects, and I can imagine that my SO will be gone often once he advances in his career. It's absolutely not as risky of a job as military or police, so that extra stress isn't there, but I can still see our relationship being put under more pressure when he has to be at different places at the company's whim. My grandfather was a civil engineer and he had to move his family through several countries throughout my mom's childhood. The career absolutely came first, and with my SO, it's not gonna be much different. In those situations, you really need to be as open and communicative with your partner as possible and figure out ways to still have everyone's needs decently met. It's absolutely possible to maintain a healthy relationship the entire time, my grandparents' happy marriage is proof - But it doesn't work without the effort on both sides and a big portion of understanding.

~
        It'll take a lot more than words and guns
        A whole lot more than riches and muscle
        The hands of the many must join as one
        And together we'll cross the river

Comment

Originally posted by TheSteelAngel View Post
          Yeah. I guess I don't mind as much being second banana to his job. We just need to make sure we talk a bit more often. He hasn't texted me back in two days now so I guess things have gotten busy again. I just wish he'd tell me when he's off so I don't need to keep asking him about it lol.
          In that case I would call him and leave him a voicemail, or a text saying "I know you're really busy with work and stuff, but I would really appreciate a text, or something, since I haven't heard from you in two days." Usually does the trick with my SO.

Also, with these guys, those types of things (staying in touch) always gets put on the backburner. So, "gently" reminding them that a text, or email, or phone call every once in a while is really appreciated.
          Last edited by whatruckus; February 25, 2015, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by whatruckus View Post
            In that case I would call him and leave him a voicemail, or a text saying "I know you're really busy with work and stuff, but I would really appreciate a text, or something, since I haven't heard from you in two days." Usually does the trick with my SO.

Also, with these guys, those types of things (staying in touch) always gets put on the backburner. So, "gently" reminding them that a text, or email, or phone call every once in a while is really appreciated.
            Hey thanks. I think that just might do it.

Comment

Working...
            X