Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tricky period coming up

Hey.
    Me and my SO are both 18, I live in England and she lives in the US. We're really happy and, even though the distance is hard we are getting through it as best as we can. I have some exams in May / June and I told my SO that things will get difficult for me due to the stress I will be facing. I am going to visit her after my exams so that is my motivation at the moment. But as for dealing with a period like this, how can I keep up communication effectively and keep the sparks alive in our relationship?
    Thanks.
    Love is patient, Love is kind, Love never fails.

Set times for when you can and can't talk, say for example, "I can talk for x amount of time, but then I've got to get back to the grinder." Asides from this, allow yourself and your SO a set Skype date, but make sure it doesn't interfere with your studies. It gives you something to look forward to in between studying for your exams. Good luck in them

Comment

My SO is swamped with school right now. Swamped. We message when we can. I think the sweetest thing he's done is send me a message saying how busy he was but to let me know he was thinking of me. It's the little things. Both parties have to adjust to the change, but it's nice to know you're on someone's mind even if they don't have time to talk
      "Sometimes you just have to let art flow over you."

Comment

Working...
      X