Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long are your visits?

Sorry if this already has been asked...

I was just wondering, since we have threads for: how often you see your SO and how often do you talk with your SO. So this thread is for ... how long you're actually together, when you finally have the chance.

Some couples might see each once a month, but maybe only for a few days and then there's even those who only see each other once or twice a year, but maybe for several weeks. So what is your average?
    And for those who haven't met, yet. Have you discussed the length of your possible future stays?

For me, I guess I have a good deal. (especially since I came to this community) When things settles back to normal at my SO's work, from November. We will see each other for 4,5 week and then he will be gone for 5,5 week (because he works 5 weeks and has 5 weeks off + included travel time to and from Japan).

My bf and i wont be meeting for the first until the end of the month and he is planning on only staying for 5 days. So we've discussed since he works a lot and junk, he will only be visiting every few months for like a week or so. And maybe i could visit every few months for about a week or so too.

Comment

Well.. Me and my SO have met only once since we got separated (our exchange semester ended). That was for two weeks and that was 2 months after we got separated. Now I'm going to fly there in October for about 2 weeks as well but I also need to do some other things and that'll take 5 days. So I'll spend about 10 days with him. And that'll be about 2 months from the previous visit.

And then from that moment on I'm not sure how long our visits can be. He'll try to find a job and I need to write my thesis in the spring and for the thesis there is every week 2h lecture (but I guess I can skip one or two of them). I also have longer Easter break than normally, so I might visit him then for two weeks. Hopefully I can also see him somewhere around new year but I'm not sure about that...

Comment

My SO and I see each other every 4-6 weeks for around two weeks each time.

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”
        - A. A. Milne

Comment

When we were living closer together (end of June 2010 to the middle of August 2010), we saw each other every weekend. When he was in Spain (September 2009 to June 2010), we only saw each other for about 10 days at Christmastime and then I went out to visit for two weeks in June. Now that he's in Arizona, and hopefully we'll get to see each other for 2-3 days at Thanksgiving and a little longer at Christmas. I'm planning to go out when I get a week off in the spring, too, but that won't be until March or April.

If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion...love actually is all around

Comment

His visits are usually about a day. He arrives early Sunday afternoon and leaves late Monday afternoon. But his next visit will be a couple days! He'll be arriving on late Saturday morning/early Saturday afternoon and be leaving late Monday afternoon.

Comment

My SO and I only met once so far, at the end of January. I stayed for 5 weeks. I didn't have a job and no school, so I was able to stay longer. My SO will visit me at the end of November and she will stay for 6 weeks since she will be on her uni break. After that... I will probably be able to visit her again in August 2011; maybe for around 4 weeks (summer holidays).

Comment

Usually only a day every 2-3 weeks..
                Although this distance breaks my heart,
                And it's unbearable when we're apart,
                I know that it will all be fine,
                As my heart is yours,
                And yours is mine.. <3

Comment

Rane and I had two visits, the first one was 5 weeks, second was 4 weeks. It was too expensive to do more. His third trip here was to stay, visa in hand.
                  International LDRs really kind of suck. *sour lemon face*

Comment

Originally posted by garnet View Post
                    ditto on that... visits are so expensive that you cant have them as often as you'd like....
                    we've been LD for one year and two months. my SO came over for a visit in June, and spent 4 weeks over here, then we left together for 2 weeks in Paris. we had planned only visiting once a year since its not likely we can afford more...
                    however, im planing a secret visit for october or november. but ill only be able to take about 2 weeks off of work (if im lucky) and i find that its frustrating to only spend that much time together, when im paying about 3.5K for it.. thats almost a years savings so yeah... and im kindof afraid ill miss him even more after that.. hell only be able to come over in june 2011
                    Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
                    And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
                    ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

Originally posted by garnet View Post
                      They sure do! I have to pay around 1.700 euros (3.400 dollars) for one trip, so I can only visit one or two more times until my money is gone.

Comment

We're usually together for a week or two, every 1-3 months. Once (because of the awesome volcano in Iceland ♥) we were together for 3 weeks, and that's the longest time we've been together so far. After New Year, there's a chance we'll be able to be together for 16 weeks :o *fingers crossed* Trying not to get my hopes up, but that would be pretty cool

Comment

I'll admit, I always get a little of those who get to stay with their SO's for a couple of weeks or more. For my very first visit the entire trip will be 4 days long, though I don't know if I'll get to actually be with him for 2 of the days given those are arriving and departure days. We haven't planned any more trips after that as we want to see how this one goes first, but even when we do I get the feeling they'll be spaced out with quite a few months in between and will most likely still not last any longer than 4 days as we have to work around both our jobs and his classes (and possibly mine as well if I get into university next semester).

Comment

Ive only visited twice so far but because we're both in the UK then it makes visits a bit easier first visit was only 3 days but the second was from the 5th of August to the 23rd...so about 2 and a half weeks-ish lol im going back down in October half term, gonna try going every college break I get
                            <3 My Si Shake

Comment

I havent met my SO yet but I am plannin to do so next year august and that'd be for 2 months (as far as I can afford it). After that I have no idea, I'll be glad if this works out

Comment

Working...
                              X