Leaving in two days..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaving in two days..

My SO and I have physically been together for the past 5 1/2 months and I'm leaving in a few days. It's really hard on us, and he and I just lied in bed for a few hours and cried. We've had so many good memories of being together in the past few months, now it's time to go back to long distance. I'm trying to stay positive and remind myself that we will see each other again soon. Everything here with him has just been so amazing and I hate the thought of going back. I feel like I've grown a lot here and I don't want to go back to my old life. Sadly, I will be going back and I'll need to adjust to long distance again.

I can't stop crying and I know I'll be crying on the plane back home. It just hurts so much.. I'm going to write him a letter that expresses how amazing everything has been and how much I've loved spending time with him. Then I'll give it to him at the airport before I leave. I'm hoping it's something he'll enjoy. Like I said, I'm trying to stay positive, but sometimes it's hard...

Oof, that's rough I wish I could offer more than just a virtual hug!

Remember that it's okay to be sad at first. Don't think you need to excuse that or act tough or whatever. Give yourself that time to let it all out and heal. Also, though, remember to set countdowns, goals, and other stuff to work towards, and things that help you look forward. You made it this far, you got the strength to do this too. All the best to you!

~
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle
    The hands of the many must join as one
    And together we'll cross the river

Comment

Thanks, that means a lot I know there will be lots of tears at the airport, but one thing is for certain, we will definitely set dates/goals to work towards and be back together before we know it. I'm staying positive for us <3

Comment

Going home/being left always sucks. The last time I took my fiance to the airport, I didn't go home for hours afterwards, I just couldn't face it alone.

Immerse yourself in your life back home, it makes it easier.
        Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
        First met: June 13th 2006

Comment

Throw yourself into something you love doing. And that could be literally ANYTHING, by the way. Just by putting a simple smile on someone you know or don't even know, for example.

Comment

Look at it this way; you spent 6 months together and didn't kill each other. That's a good thing, in an LDR, no matter what people believe, you never actually know how compatible you are as a couple, until you've spent a good amount of time together. 6 months is a great indicator. Just work on your next visit and your future plans, it'll be hard at first, but you'll be OK.

Also, try not to cry too much on the plane, it makes people like me, who might be next to you, super uncomfortable
            Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Poor you. Being distant is not nice. But I suggest you build on your CD experince to try to explore the LD part of your relationship. It can be exiting if you explore it. Best of luck
              I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
              - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Working...
              X