New to LDR's and this forum, and trying to decide weather to start one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to LDR's and this forum, and trying to decide weather to start one

Hi all, I only found this forum today and have had a quick look around and it looks like a great place I can read and get advice from. I met this girl on Twitter back October and within 1 week we were texting and we got to know each other and was texting at least 6 - 7 hours a day. She always said she weren't looking to date and we are friends, a few conversations did kinda go beyond friends, but not in a deep and heavy way.

Around Christmas she met up with an old friend and pushed me aside, which I found out later was unintentional, but hurt at the time. When I asked her at the time, she got defensive, denied it and we ended up arguing and boxing day we stopped talking for 7 weeks. She made contact with me again, apologising saying it was all her fault can I forgive her which I did.

So we started talking again middle of February and still getting on great now. This time things appear to be different between us. I say this as she has sent me a lot of pics of herself at night (not nude or anything like that) just under the bedding in or sitting on her bed, I send her back as well and it is nice. She have also told me last week that 'she wishes she was coming home to me' and how she wants to spend a weekend at an hotel just us two in bed all day watching films on a tablet/laptop, which I thought was quite obvious what she means, unless I am total wrong and in a friends only way.

Also talking about my t-shirts I own last night, she said if she was my girlfriend she would be pinching them all, and this is something she never said to me before. Also recently she have said in a 3am text that she thinks i am devilishly handsome and wish she could spend the day with me. I am not great at relationships and have had bad experiences in the past, so I am unsure fully what to make of it all.

We live 5 hours apart, but we are in the same country (the UK) so time difference is not a problem. There is an age gap too, I am 37 and she is 21, but we get on really great and it is not a problem due to same interests. Also we have never met.

Sorry for the long post, but I have not had anyone to really talk to this about and if I am reading things correctly that she could be interested in an relationship with me, and I am guessing to start talking to me after 7 weeks and apologising there must be something there, as we were only friends for 6 weeks before the argument.

Thanks for any advice on how I could bring this idea up of a long distance relationship with her, as I really would love to be her boyfriend as she is lovely, but also very frustrating and hard work (Though that could be a distance problem more than her) Thanks.

Anthony

In terms of dealing with distance I suggest this thread it has tips
    https://members.lovingfromadistance....502-New-to-LDR

In regards to your post, I think it's pretty clear she's interested in you. She's dropping some fairly big hints. I'd just suss things out a bit more to see if she's flirting or wanting to pursue a relationship with you. I guess I'd come straight out and ask her what she sees you as a boyfriend (possibly), or friend? I guess determining that answer you'll know which way to go. Just set out clear guidelines regarding schedules, talk time and so if you do get into a LDR to avoid it becoming hard work and frustrating.

Comment

Yup I agree that she may be interested in you romantically. Those are some major hints she's dropping lol. Just ask her if she's interested in meeting up with you or just ask her if she's interested in a relationship in general. You won't know if you don't ask. Good luck and welcome to LFAD

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I know the hints are there, but I wanted to check what others thought as asking her is the tricky part. I can't make too much of things she says when she opens up to me randomly as other if I get the response wrong, then things seem to take a few steps backwards with regards to trust.

Thanks again, most helpful

Comment

Working...
        X