Settling into the long distance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Settling into the long distance

How long did it take you (if it has) to settle into your distance relationship?

Since Judsen and I started off CD and then went LD it was almost like starting the relationship over again. We had a two month adjustment period and then finally for the past three weeks it appears we have gotten used to the distance. It doesn't make me cry when I think about him, missing him doesn't stop me from going out and having fun, and I actually enjoy being long distance. Oh course I don't get as much fun out of it as CD but it's still okay compared to the first months of being miserable without him!

How about you?
    First date: 12.27.09
    Started the distance: 6.10.10
    Finished the distance: 8.17.12

J & C

We were friends before we became a couple and once we became a couple the adjustment period took about a week or two. I was used to having close relationships, so it was weird to me to have a long distance relationship with someone that I didn't want to lose. But ya

Comment

We were friends for a couple of months...then started to be a couple...I felt like I found my soulmate and it was so amazing to just finally be together.....
      NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

I know what you mean. We go through periods right after we've seen each other where we struggle constantly with missing each other really hard, but once we've got a promise of when we're going to see each other next ironed out, it really does make things so much easier!

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

I noticed that I settled in when we established a routine. For me, that made it easier. We've not yet met and am dreading the return and the weeks following. Think I'll be typing up a frenzy here to settle back down.

Comment

We were CD before we became LD as well, but I'm still not settling into it yet.

Comment

Well you aren't too far behind me so I'm sure it will happen soon!

J & C

Comment

i dont think i'll ever settle, no matter what if i miss her i'll cry and feel lonely.

Comment

We started out LD, then my SO moved here for two months but ended up moving back home for multiple reasons. After we went from CD to LD, it took a long time for us to get used to being long distance again. We would be fine for a while, but every so often we would get into these really big fights that involved us missing each other/ trying to work things out. That lasted around three months, but now I would say that we have adjusted back to being long distance again. However, being in a LDR will never be easy, it is just easier now then it was during the "adjustment phase."

Comment

Yeah it will definitely never be easy but it's so much better for me not fighting all the time about being apart. There was no point in fighting too because there wasn't anything either of us could do about it.

J & C

Comment

It took me about a month to get used to it the first time. He was reasonably CD for about two months and now I'm getting used to him being away again. It took less time this time though, it's been about 2 weeks and I'm pretty used to it.

If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion...love actually is all around

Comment

we were CD for 4 years before we became LD... it was very hard for me to get used to thing, and settle into the rythm of our LDR, especially since the next meeting planned was a year away.. it took me about 7 months to honestly be able to focus on the positive outcome of this new step in our lives...

after our meeting a couple of months ago, things have been easier, since we already have figured out how to deal with being apart...
                        from all the couples i've known, were the only ones that dont communicate too often, all romancy and lovey dovey; but it works for us... kind of makes being apart easier...
                        Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
                        And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
                        ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

Working...
                        X