Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yah..I see. Thank you.

Comment

Guys. Thanks for great advices. We talked about this issue pretty seriously throughout last night. I just can't help loving her. She said she's so sorry for being immature. Well...I will keep your advice but I'm the one who understand her best so I won't outsource this matter. But thanks again for caring about me and let me ask you guys for something later when I'm in tough situation I see no way out. (I hope it won't happen tho)it's true that we're still too young to talk about marriage but we both don't want our relationship to end like fireworks of normal teenagers.
      Last edited by aly's teddy; May 8, 2015, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Hi there. my SO and i met online too. we are meeting for the first time in 30 days. so hang in there, it can happen. we had to wait a year. however, i must say, that one of the key things that helped us through, was being able to skype constantly and/or talk on the phone. i understand phone may be difficult due to call charges and expenses, however since you both have access to the internet i think it is very important that you speak to your partner, and tell them that you should communicate via skype and that it would strengthen your relationship. but she needs to understand that everyone is shy, however being shy with a man who you say you love, and have been dating for 6 months, is not an excuse to not want to skype him.
        i'm not saying theres anything sinister going on, but like steel angel said, don't be afraid of conflict, because communication is key in progression.

Comment

I understand what you mean. Thank you. Well...yeah i don't know her voice yet. But i don't want to put her under pressure to make courage. I will study spanish so she feels free to talk with me. It will take 2or 3months.

Comment

You should both try Duolingo: https://www.duolingo.com/
            It's free and pretty great for learning language basics and getting your confidence up when it comes to speaking/using the language. There's courses for English, Spanish and a bunch of other stuff

~
            It'll take a lot more than words and guns
            A whole lot more than riches and muscle
            The hands of the many must join as one
            And together we'll cross the river

Comment

There are different levels of understanding English. Don't take her being able to listen to american tv-shows or listen to music to mean that there will be no communication problems, because in the shows you have sound and picture to follow, and often the main meening is simple anyway. My SO is rather good in English, given his education, and he enjoys music and tv in English, but there is no way we can watch an English movie together, even if it is texted in English - he just would not be able to follow (which is why we either watch Turkish movies or English movies texted in Turkish because I can follow that). When your SO writes, she is probably using a translation tool and she can take her time to prepare an answer. If you two were to talk on the phone or Skype, though, it would demand of her a much more sponanious use of the language. I can see why she would be reluctant to do that if she is aware that her language skills with English are limited.

You are not too young to talk about marriage, you are very free to do that, but in order for you to actually marry, it will requre of you that you have intimate contact for long time and of course meet. It would also need you to focus on school and other things to see to your future and your finances. I am an adult, but even I find it easier to focus on that next step rather than the end result, even if the end result may be really nice. Learning language is never wrong, wishing you good luck with Spanish. I will reccomend Babbel, I have used it for Turkish and they have many other langagues including Spanish: https://www.babbel.com
              I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
              - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I just want to give you a general piece of advice. You stated in your original post that you now "can't live without each other". I know that you are trying to express your intense feelings, but don't EVER put yourself in a relationship (close distance or long distance) where you rely so much on your relationship for your happiness that you wouldn't be able to function should it end.

No matter your age, your relationship should be a part of your life but not your entire life. You need to spend a healthy amount of time with friends, concentrating on school work, playing sports and other activities that help you grow and mature as your own, individual person. A relationship, whether friendships or romantic relationships, should be there to enhance your life and help round you out but not become your life. Keep everything in perspective.
                To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Thank you for trying to help me. Well..there are only two things I do in my life. Studying and loving her. For 12hours of my day I study and for average 6hours I talk to her. Yeah. It can happen in korea. Anyway..we're having intimate conversation but we've texted so much and just got used to communicating in that way. I will consider all your advices and suggestions to maintain and develp our relationship. It could sound really weird as I even don't know her voice I love the way she talks how she looks the way she tries to make me feel comfortable. I was emotionally heightened(?)when i was posting the first few ones. Now I'm much settled down...I'm expecting to visit her this summer if I receive admission permission from the school I applied for..she wants to talk about marriage with her parents if I get there. It could sound weird to you guys but yeah...it's what going on..I am young but about her..I'm certain that she's my love of life. While look,voice,skin whatever..does matter to other couples, we will still love each other in regardless of anything. It's what she told me first

Comment

Hi there!

I think I may be able to help. I was actually in a very similar situation as you. I agree eith what others say, 6 months is a long time to talk and kniw each other.

If you guys are seeing each other as more than friends you both need to voice /video chat.

You can make your own fairy tale aboit a person just by writing to them for a while. I know how easy it js to get feelings for someone. Thst is why you need to try and do voice/video to see if they match what you originally thought.

You both have an idea on each others interests, but people are different in person. Eventually if you both meet you will talk, not text. You need to see if you can connect with voice now.

I wish I could tell you why my friend never wanted to video chat. The farthest we ever did was voice chat which hardly worked since the connection was so poor. The only thing I can think of is she didnt care enough or she did not see me that way - who knows. It still doesn't make sense to me.

But for you you should really push for it. At least for voice and see if you both connect. It is the next step forward.

Goodluck!

Comment

I need specific advice on how we can communicate over language barrier. (Korean,english--spanish)

Comment

And is it okay to keep making her feel sorry to me

Comment

If anything, you could video but not talk.

Instead, type/text. You said yourself she has fluent english when she writes.

More than likely she js self conscious about speaking it, but tell her you aren't fluent either and won't judge.

Even if it will be a few minutes it will be worth it and make it easier for next time.

Comment

I'm arguing with her..let's see how it goes

Comment

Hi guys. Well..everything is fine. She said it would be different if I were there..she's willing to talk with me in voice and language barrier..that's what making her hesitate(?). She wants me to study spanish. I will study spanish cuz I really wanna communicate with her more freely. As english is not my mother's language I understand that english"I love you"doesn't touch her heart as much as spanish; which is her mother's language"Te amo"does. Sometimes she says"사랑해"(korean, I love you)and I feel so good. I want to make her feel the same feeling that comes from her native language. After argument though it hasn't been so long since then,we've became more cute andlovely couple. We're more free to express our feelings. Thank you for you guys

Comment

Working...
                              X