No announcement yet.

My mom is not too happy with me right now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the help guys, but uh this is gonna sound really bad but I ended having a major anxiety attack this morning. I realized that I can't do this right now. I'm not ready to leave yet for one and two I'll be at his apartment by myself the majority of the time. After thinking real hard about this and discussing it with my SO we have decided that now is not the best time for this. Yeah I wasted quite a few dollars and I wish I realized it sooner, but my mental health is most important here. My SO is very understanding and agrees with my decision. I guess I would just feel safer if he came to me first if that makes sense. I could easily make up the money I lost with my paycheck it will just be a pain in the butt to cancel this. Well at least I learned from this so there's that.
    Last edited by TheSteelAngel; May 14, 2015, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Unicorn26 View Post
      I'm 42, an independent mother of 2 and I can tell you that my parents would not be happy about me flying off to meet my SO for the first time. Even though I talk to them all the time about him and they know how close we are, he is still, to them, some bloke on the internet. My situation is different because I have young kids and I have to think about them first but as a parent myself, I see both sides. I think it's a generation thing, they don't understand that people can meet differently these days and even though it's different it's not necessarily wrong. Try and explain to your mum that you need to see him so you can see if you really are compatible and move your relationship forward.

I hope you manage to sort something out re getting to the airport. I'm so excited for you and I hope this visit goes well!
      Same here, when I flew to meet my guy the first time, I was 38 or 39. Of course my parents were worried, so was my daughter. I think the fact that we'd been co-workers for a few years first, and didn't meet over the internet was a big factor for them not to give me too much shit about it. My daughter is 26, I'd be a huge mess if she was flying out to meet some guy from the internet, every parent should be. I'd definitely need to meet the guy, and I'd research the hell out of him.

It doesn't matter how old you are, parents worry. What they do about that worry though is the problem. You've got to let your kids grow up sometime.
      Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by TheSteelAngel View Post
        Thanks for the help guys, but uh this is gonna sound really bad but I ended having a major anxiety attack this morning. I realized that I can't do this right now. I'm not ready to leave yet for one and two I'll be at his apartment by myself the majority of the time. After thinking real hard about this and discussing it with my SO we have decided that now is not the best time for this. Yeah I wasted quite a few dollars and I wish I realized it sooner, but my mental health is most important here. My SO is very understanding and agrees with my decision. I guess I would just feel safer if he came to me first if that makes sense. I could easily make up the money I lost with my paycheck it will just be a pain in the butt to cancel this. Well at least I learned from this so there's that.
        I hope he can get enough time off to come and visit you then! And yes, your health always comes first.

Comment

Originally posted by whatruckus View Post
          I hope he can get enough time off to come and visit you then! And yes, your health always comes first.
          It probably won't happen for a while but I'm ok with that. I've gotten used to the distance already so what's a little more time? I'm just happy this didn't end up with me having to break up with him because of this.

Comment

Your health always comes first. Take good care of yourself, alright?

~
            It'll take a lot more than words and guns
            A whole lot more than riches and muscle
            The hands of the many must join as one
            And together we'll cross the river

Comment

Working...
            X