Need some perspective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some perspective

I am a 32 year old woman, in love with a 39 year old man whom I met 2 and a half years ago, and our relationship is mostly by distance now due to work. He is recently divorced from his wife with whom he has an 8 year old daughter - he left his home country 5 years ago to work here because of the economical situation in his country and was unable to return home during that period due to visa restrictions. Consequently his wife began a relationship with another man with whom she and my bf's daughter are now living with. My boyfriend remains bitter about the situation and has vowed never to return home, and I feel he is still very much in love with his wife and would still be with her if not for the political and economical difficulties at home. I can’t get past my own insecurity about the relationship and am not convinced he truly wants to be with me, but rather just needs a distraction from the fact that his (extremely beautiful) wife is now with another man. Even though we met whilst he was still officially married, I hesitated at any involvement and only now things have finished with his wife has he shown that he wants to take our relationship more seriously. By nature, I run from uncomfortable situations and have missed out many times on what could have been good relationships due to my own doubt and insecurities, should I give this one a chance, or break it off before my heart is broken??

His wife's looks is not important in the situation. More important is, she was his security and they have a child. But she was not faithful, despite that he earned money for their family. That's also important. Now their relationship is over.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Working...
    X