Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

meetings and coments from other people.

Hey guys hope everyone is well

I was planning on visiting my gf again in October but due to my recent house move I couldn't afford the flights so we scrapped the planned trip. I'm now able to visit her in November for 2 weeks, my gf is meant to be coming here for Christmas at the moment it's not confirmed and she won't find out till October when she's got paid from her new job if she can afford it as obviously flights at Christmas time are ridiculous and are really expensive.

I've mentioned to family and friends that I plan to visit Arizona in November and everyone has said "why don't you wait till she comes here?" I've explained to them that the Christmas trip might not happen but they seem to think I'm daft for flying out to her only for her to be possibly flying over to me a couple of weeks later to spend Christmas together.

I keep telling myself it's my relationship I can do what I like and it's up to me and my gf when we see each other, I'm lucky due to a backpayment from work I can afford to go visit in November but do you guys ever have issues with people making comments about visits or spending money to spend time with your SO? Would you fly to your partner if you knew a few weeks later they were possibly coming to you?

Sorry for the ramble!!
    First met - June 2014
    Became official - 14 October 2014
    First meeting March 2015-S came to the UK
    I visited Arizona - June 2015
    I visited Arizona- November 2015
    2nd December 2015 - Got Engaged
    December 2015 - S came to England for Christmas with me
    May 2016- Closed the Distance!!!

I'm lucky that people generally don't say anything about the money that's spent. We're both adults, our bills are paid, and we budget for visits.

My SO was going to come out this month to visit for a few days and do some work around my parents house. It was going to be close to the end of the month. I just saw him in July and he's going to be here November 7-14. I told him to cancel the trip for this month. I just couldn't see spending extra money if we were going to see each other another 5 weeks after that. We can use that money towards closing the distance next year instead.

But that's just us. If you're not 100% certain about Christmas, I'd do the other visit and if you get to see her at Christmas - bonus!!
    To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

I say do it! Even if the visits are close, they'll still be exciting, and they're in two completely different places, so it's not the same as having such a short time between identical visits. Plus holidays, those are always great together!

You do you, all the haters can do them, and hopefully you won't all have to do each other
      Met: Apr 2013
      Mutual interest: July 2013
      Relationship Began: November 6 2013
      First Visit (Her to Me): July 4 2014
      Second Visit (Me to Her): Jan/Feb 2015 Postponed due to sister having baby
      Second Visit! (Her to Me again): June 16 2015 - July 4 2015
      Engaged: June 29 2015 <3
      Third Visit: (Her to me, working on it) January 19 2016 - February 2 2016

Comment

There is a reason why I don't tell everyone how often I am going. With us, I pay for all the trips and parts of rent. I don't want questions on how I can afford it. People wondered a lot about my July trip, which was ironic because it was very cheap since I actually stayed the whole month I payed for, food being cheaper in his country. Him coming here will also be cheap since he will stay with us. It is very expensive, but there are lots of things I sacrifice to live this way. I even study when I am with him to get the most out of my stays there. The people who mind my money use, think I am there as fun and staying in hotels.

It is your money. Also, if she pays for her own trip it is not costing you double if the visits are short in between.
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I'd go for it. As has been said, you'd get to spend time in their environment, see new things, go new places. And in LDR any chance to be together have to be taken imo. If you don't fancy two visits, you could always part fund her coming over for Xmas. But if you go in November you can experience the run up and depending on dates, attend thanksgiving celebrations.

Ultimately, it's your money and relationship and you both know what's best for you both. So long as you're happy that's all that matters.
          Last edited by MarsDamnSure; September 6, 2015, 11:33 PM.

Comment

In my experience outsider views are usually less rose colored than your own. As hard as it is, sometimes you have to listen to what the have to say.

Comment

Working...
            X