Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S.O is visiting in 4 days, yet I'm getting the cold treatment

Hello Everybody!

My SO is visiting in about 4 days time and we have been counting down to this day for almost a month. Constantly sending texts to each other and talking to each other on the phone all day and skyping.

Then suddenly, 2 nights ago (DAY0), she suddenly started going cold on me out of a sudden. On that night, we talked on the phone for 2 hours (considered long on our usual standards) and then instead of saying the usual stuff like 'I miss you' and things like that before the end of the conversation. She just said bye, and hung up.

She then didn't messaged me till like 6pm the next day (DAY1) where she said that she was busy with school work and stuff.( It's her holiday now, so she actually has plenty of freetime on her hands) We texted abit where we just asked each other 'how was your day' and I told her that I was going to bed.

The next morning (DAY2) I woke up to find that she has not replied to my message even though she has seen it. She even posted something on Instagram today, so she couldn't really find an excuse of being busy.

I've been having plenty of sleepless nights the last few nights in thinking what I've done wrong and things like that. This has never happened and I'm really hurt and confused. I've been looking forward to our meetup for such a long time and it really sucks for something like this to happen now.

What should I do?
    Appreciate any comments from any of you here.

Thanks!
    4lom
    Last edited by 4lom; September 7, 2015, 04:55 AM.

My boyfriend is always like this before visits. I don't even try to change it anymore, or take it personal, I just say "I assume we will not be talking much until I come". He copes with any change worse than a cat, however it always turns out ok.

I am sure your SO is very exited to see you. Be patient and focus on your meeting, most likely everything will be fine!
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Thanks for the reply differentcountries! But this has never happened to us before, and I really am keen to know why. I was thinking of calling her and asking what's wrong. However, I'm not sure if that would be detrimental instead.

Comment

At this point I wouldn't say anything and wait to see how she is when she gets there. If things still seem off, then you can have the conversation in person. It's only a couple of days away.
        To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

I feel like you're making something out of nothing. It's totally possible she could just be busy trying to get things in order before she leaves. Like the others have said, wait and see how things are when she arrives.

Comment

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the response.

We just got off the phone and I asked her if she was alright. Turns out that she really was busy preparing for the trip and all. so yeah I guess I really did mess it up. I guess this is something for us to more aware of in the future.

Thanks for all the response anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by 4lom View Post
              Hello Everybody!

My SO is visiting in about 4 days time and we have been counting down to this day for almost a month. Constantly sending texts to each other and talking to each other on the phone all day and skyping.

Then suddenly, 2 nights ago (DAY0), she suddenly started going cold on me out of a sudden. On that night, we talked on the phone for 2 hours (considered long on our usual standards) and then instead of saying the usual stuff like 'I miss you' and things like that before the end of the conversation. She just said bye, and hung up.

She then didn't messaged me till like 6pm the next day (DAY1) where she said that she was busy with school work and stuff.( It's her holiday now, so she actually has plenty of freetime on her hands) We texted abit where we just asked each other 'how was your day' and I told her that I was going to bed.

The next morning (DAY2) I woke up to find that she has not replied to my message even though she has seen it. She even posted something on Instagram today, so she couldn't really find an excuse of being busy.

I've been having plenty of sleepless nights the last few nights in thinking what I've done wrong and things like that. This has never happened and I'm really hurt and confused. I've been looking forward to our meetup for such a long time and it really sucks for something like this to happen now.

What should I do?

Thanks!
              4lom
              Welcome to LFAD,
              I will offer a short post which includes some very generic advice. In my experience of talking to people who are in LDR's, before visits people get nervous (especially on the first visit) and busy due to the preparation for flying etc. I wouldn't over think things OP, everything is going to work out how you imagine it, she is coming to see YOU and has purchased the plane tickets for YOU! Let everyone know how the visit is.
              Best, CC.
              Love is patient, Love is kind, Love never fails.

Comment

Originally posted by 4lom View Post
                Hello Everybody!

What should I do?

Thanks!
                4lom
                Welcome to LFAD,
                I will offer a short post which includes some very generic advice. In my experience of talking to people who are in LDR's, before visits people get nervous (especially on the first visit) and busy due to the preparation for flying etc. I wouldn't over think things OP, everything is going to work out how you imagine it, she is coming to see YOU and has purchased the plane tickets for YOU! Let everyone know how the visit is.
                Best, CC.
                Love is patient, Love is kind, Love never fails.

Comment

Working...
                X