No announcement yet.

Not feeling like a priority.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vaping is smoking, just done with an electric device that contains nicotine liquid (often flavored). It's healthier than your average cigarette, since there's no crazy additives involved (like tar), but since it's fairly new there aren't a lot of studies about the longterm effects yet. And even though it's better than smoking cigarettes all day, it's obviously still inhaling stuff on your lungs to fulfill an addiction, so it's not something to just play around with, either. You can overdo anything if you're not careful and responsible.

~
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle
    The hands of the many must join as one
    And together we'll cross the river

Comment

Originally posted by Miasmata View Post
      Vaping is smoking, just done with an electric device that contains nicotine liquid (often flavored). It's healthier than your average cigarette, since there's no crazy additives involved (like tar), but since it's fairly new there aren't a lot of studies about the longterm effects yet. And even though it's better than smoking cigarettes all day, it's obviously still inhaling stuff on your lungs to fulfill an addiction, so it's not something to just play around with, either. You can overdo anything if you're not careful and responsible.
      I vape, vaping does not always contain nicotine. Vaping E-juice can come with none, a little, some, or a lot of nicotine. It also may or may not have tobacco in it. You can also vape dry. Vaping is very customizable. If people chose, you can also vape with funny smoke (marijuana). It can be from almost like whiffing a hot desert off your stove... to almost basically smoking. You can buy the vapers in many sizes, shapes and strengths as well.

Mine is wet, with no nicotine, no tobacco and no add ons, so it is not really all that bad. People who do it with dangerous levels of nicotine, strong add ons that increase amount of vape consumed and over do it, those people are still damaging their bodies.

There are some really cool flavors with no nicotine in it. It's a great tool to quit smoking since you can step down in your nicotine while doing it and eventually use none. It made quitting so much easier for me.
      Last edited by Hollandia; October 13, 2015, 01:29 PM.
      "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
      Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Thanks a lot for expanding on my post, Hollandia! I only had secondhand experiences to share and didn't wanna lean myself too far into it since I'm no expert. Thanks for explaining better!

~
        It'll take a lot more than words and guns
        A whole lot more than riches and muscle
        The hands of the many must join as one
        And together we'll cross the river

Comment

Well long story short, I went ahead and screenshot your first post Hollandia, since you managed to word it in a way which I couldn't, showed him, and asked if any of it was true. He swore up and down that it wasn't, and he was sorry that I was made to feel as an obligation, and we had a little talk.

Without delving into too much of the details as I don't feel comfortable sharing, I think your post made him realize how much of a turd he was being. I guess sometimes having a third party calling you out is a bit more of an eye opener, I dunno.

While it's only a matter of seeing if it continues or not, I've seen improvements the last few days. I still do NOT expect him to call me every day and that's okay. He's making more of an effort to talk to me, cooperate on ways to talk when he might not be able to, or if he can't, he makes more of a concentrated effort to at least give me more involved texts, despite he hates texting. So I am more comfortable now.

Again without going into details, it was more complicated than even I could have guessed. Thanks for giving the wake-up call though everyone! Lol

Comment

Thanks I am really happy to hear you were able to have a break through.
            "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
            Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
            X