I hope it's not over forever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope it's not over forever

It's over, at least until we figure things out. It started a few days ago, he just couldn't hold a proper conversation. He finally came clean yesterday that he just didn't feel a spark when we talked on the phone anymore. He was tired, and felt suffocated, he told me he wasn't giving me what I deserved.

We talked last night about it. Because it wasn't fair for me to get dragged along in him not wanting to talk to me, trying to make him love him as much as he loves me. We have been together for a year, and we both do love one another. I think he's my person, but he just doesn't have a clear head. So we decided it wasn't working out, he wanted it so badly to be mutual he couldn't pull the trigger. So we both eased into it.
    I was supposed to go visit him in December, but I don't know now. I don't want to tell anyone, and he and I agreed to leave everything up on Facebook. He told me I'm still his best friend and he wants me in his profile.
    My friends think he will think for a while and come back, he says he feels suffocated with thoughts right now. Not to expect anything, but he is hopeful it will all be better. I am so hopeful it terrifies me. I just want him, I want us.
    I just want to make this work, I want so badly to make this work. I am going to give him some time with no contact to truly mule over if this is the right thing. I feel like the right thing is us. He told me he couldn't fault me, I was his perfect woman.

I am sad, lost, and hopeful. It sucks to love someone so much and to have to let them go. But I can always hope. I have so much hope.

That's rough! Sorry things aren't working out

He says he feels suffocated and overwhelmed - Do you think it's the distance that broke the straw for him? Has he shown issues with the distance before?

~
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle
    The hands of the many must join as one
    And together we'll cross the river

Comment

I am so sorry, whenever an ldr couple breaks up, I feel sadder because it's so hard to maintain such a relationship and it's a pity when things don't work out.
      That being said, I am going to urge you to keep yourself busy and as happy as you possibly can.
      I know it's hard and it sounds very cliche but they are the only words of wisdom I can offer
      Last edited by MariaEx; October 14, 2015, 03:09 PM.

Comment

It's really sad to hear. And yes it's really difficult to forget someone because your feelings has been attached with that relation.

Comment

SO about two days ago we had a three hour FaceTime call about why exactly he felt this was right. I was extremely confused because he had reached out to me first several times the past few days. The talking too much was only a small portion of the problem he said. The real problem was the distance. We are 20, in college, and overall broke. All of our money was going to travel, and considering that plane ticket is 2000$ it is a steep drop in the wallet.
          We talked and talked and he told me he didn't want anyone else. He was in love with me. We went over the whole thing. Then I had my one year present I was going to send him. I read him the letter inside, and I had printed out pictures from our time at college together. Memories were flowing between us and we both cried. Then was a picture frame I had gotten him with the two of us inside. I told him he could use the frame for whatever, I was sending it to him regardless. He said he would put the picture of us on his bedside table, so he can wake up next to his best friend every morning. We went on and on talking, he told me about his insecurities about not being able to take care of me monetarily, and not being able to come visit til next summer. He was really focusing it around his own problems.

I miss him so much. I still want to go see him in December, and I wish we were still official. We have continued to text and snap chat, and our status is still up on Facebook. I miss being able to call him up and chat, or just normally tell him I love him. We both agreed to let the chemistry flow still. I don't know, a part of me thinks he will come back, another thinks he is just focusing on life, with his best friend at his side.

Comment

Thank you to everyone. I am very much in love. As is he, it's bittersweet.

We both talked about how we are each other's person, and how we hope to marry the other one day.
            Finances and Age are such a b*tch.

So is distance.

Comment

You're handling this in a very mature way, so hold your head night for that. Sadly, love does not conquer all. As much as we wish it didn't, at times money and finances do define us. At least you're still on good terms. How long until you finish your studies? Being a student it financially draining, there's no doubt. I wish you both the best and hope that things get better. Just remember to take time for you and look after yourself too.

Comment

Working...
              X