No announcement yet.

It's over and I feel like I've failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey all bit of an update she got back in touch on Sunday and said the following

'I'm sorry but I can't go back to the way things were, but there are a lot of times I miss you being in my life, particularly when it comes to John Michael (her little brother who has cerebal palsy and developmental issues who I care about a great deal like he was my own) I'm proud of you. I hope someday there will be no animosity between us and that day we can be friends. Deep inside I am rooting for you no matter what you're going through. I just wanted you to know that'

To which I replied:

Hey thanks for your message but at this moment in time I need space and time to heal, however that doesn't mean I don't care as I still love and care about John Michael like he was my own and still care about you so I would want to know if anything happened to either of you'

So that's where things are right now and looking at the whole thing I've decided not to go back myself and just try moving on as best I can
    As one door closes another always opens and now I look to the future with a new outlook and perspective on life, it's an open book and I'm ready for the next chapter

Comment

Think both what you've just said and what your signature says proves you've got the right mentality about it. It sucks, but now you've got to move onwards from it.

Comment

Hey guys got another update

Ok first the good news: She finally reached out to me last Saturday because she was going to her parents and had no one to talk to (had a bit of drama with some friends etc) and I tried to be there as much as I could, at first I was a bit hesitant as I thought she was using this to pull me back in but that wasn't the case at all I was just and it really brought all those old feelings back and we talked about everything that happened, having decent conversations and all those old feelings started coming back, we've been talking all week and it's been better than it ever was before and we've been really supportive of each other and has felt like we're back together but here's the bad: She says she doesn't want anything serious right now or to be tied down and still needs time to figure out what she wants so all I'm doing is being supportive of her decisions but right now even I'm not sure what to do cause it's not like I'm talking about marriage or anything serious right now (apart from when we're gonna see each other again) All I want is a second chance for things to be better this time while we continue to work on ourselves to be better for each other
        As one door closes another always opens and now I look to the future with a new outlook and perspective on life, it's an open book and I'm ready for the next chapter

Comment

I'm thinking you should go slow and enjoy "The New Chapter" as stated in your signature...
          This is the start of your supporting and being there for each other..now just take each day as it comes...remember to be yourself and accept that you both need time
          I wish happiness to you both

Comment

Working...
          X