Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is He Still Willing To Give Us Another Try Eventually Or Is This Truly Over?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad you are rebuilding your relationship! Belated Happy Easter and hoping for good times ahead for both of you

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth123 View Post
      Glad you are rebuilding your relationship! Belated Happy Easter and hoping for good times ahead for both of you

Thank you. I hope your Easter was good as well. This is a little off topic, but I noticed that your LDR began actually on my birthday.

Comment

Update: This week has been a pretty good week. Monday we talked for a bit until we basically ran out of things to say. We talked about work, our day and the norm, and other random things. Then we sat there quietly for a while. It truly felt different in a good way to sit there just in silence for a few minutes and not have anything to say. We talked for a little while Tuesday as well. He said he wasn't planning to talk to me Wednesday because of church in addition to him going into work early, which I understood and he said he would talk to me Thursday or Friday. We talked yesterday and we were supposed to talk online some today, but when we talked today for a bit, he was sharing with me the crappy day he had (lost 40 dollars from it falling out of his pocket from shopping at the supermarket), and he has had a headache all day. So he asked if he could take a rain check and do it tomorrow. I reminded him that he said earlier that he has plans to spend time with one of his friends and he said that if he does, he will be doing that during the day. We agreed will talk sometime tomorrow evening.

We then talked about how he realizes that I have been trying and doing things to show that I want things to work between us and he expressed his appreciation for it. I told him that he doesn't have to keep holding back if he sees that I am trying. He responded by saying that he is sure that he will get to that point where he was. I can see that it is, just slowly. Earlier, I sent him a picture of me in a dress (first time ever wearing a dress and wanted to try something new) and when we talked on the phone he thanked me for the picture and said I looked lovely and the dress looked lovely as did my hair as well. I asked him bluntly aren't I who he wants to come back to at the end of a hectic day and he said most definitely. So I am seeing things moving in a positive direction and I see hope especially since he did say he sees the effort I am making and I also told him that I will need him to show some effort too because I cannot go at this alone and he agreed. I know it may be a slow process, but it's a lot better than it not moving at all. So again, it was a very good week. I would give this week a B if I was to grade it.

Comment

Just saw the earlier post...Happy belated Easter to you

I think you and your SO should both get an A....for communication...no LDR can survive without it.
          Keep up the good work and enjoy the path you travel together.

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth123 View Post
            Just saw the earlier post...Happy belated Easter to you

I think you and your SO should both get an A....for communication...no LDR can survive without it.
            Keep up the good work and enjoy the path you travel together.
            Hi. Thank you for the encouragement. Here is the latest update that I have. We talked Monday and it went rather well. We still talked about the normal stuff, like our day. He was stressed out about work. I know he liked when I sent him pictures of me, so I continued to send him photos of me since I know it brings a smile to his face. In turn it has encouraged him to call and not only that but call me endearing names from time to time. He was however bummed out about his guitar pedal giving problems (he plays guitar in his leisure time) and he said he wasn't sure if he was going to talk to me the following day or not because of work and being bummed out about that, to which I understood. He still did text me Tuesday and Wednesday wishing me a wonderful day and thanked me for the pictures that I sent. Wednesday night while in church, he said he would definitely talk with me Thursday. We talked and it went very well. We talked about chatting online this week and he said he is certain that we will. It was definitely a big jump from what he said a couple of months ago which was he would contemplate it. He called me yesterday evening and we talked for a bit and then I asked was he still up for chatting online and he said for a bit but it turned into a few hours. We chilled, spend true quality time together, and it really felt like old times all over again. I asked him was he up for this tomorrow (today now) and he said most definitely. So I am most definitely looking forward to it tonight. We flirted for a bit like we used to do, and I asked him is he still all mine and he said yes I am, which was very nice and that he's still very much attracted to me. He said he had a wonderful time with me and he looks forward to more of them. He sent me a text this morning and we talked for a short bit and he said he would let me know when he thinks he may be home because he and his buddy will be watching a movie, which is something he normally does on weekends at times is spend time with his best friend. I told him I look forward to hearing about how things went and told him to tell his friend I said hello, since he (his friend) knows about me. He even assured me the other day when we talked that things with us are indeed improving. So right now, I'm feeling pretty happy about how things are going. He is happy also. Thanks for letting me ramble. lol

Comment

So right now, I'm feeling pretty happy about how things are going. He is happy also.

The ebb and flow of being together...enjoy the journey!
              Last edited by Elizabeth123; April 10, 2016, 02:58 AM.

Comment

Update: We talk just about everyday. At times, it isn't as long as I wish, but that's what taking things slow is about, right? We talk more online than we did a month ago, which is nice. We even do what we call our 'sleepovers' on the weekends. Basically we talk, chill together until we just pass out for the night. We used to do that back then, mainly Fridays and Saturdays. So we are doing that again. So it's like we're spending our weekends together like we once did, which I find rather nice. Right now, I can't complain. Thanks LFAD for allowing me to share with you my journey because trust me, it has been an incredibly difficult one.

Comment

That's a great update!!! Wishing you both much happiness

Comment

Wishing everyone else much success as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X