He's moving away for two months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's moving away for two months

Hi, I'm 21 and my boyfriend and I have been together for 8 months and known each for 9. I moved in with him when we got together, we are in college and he just graduated so he's moving back home to start work tomorrow. I'll be staying 6 hours away from him in his apt for two months until I graduate.. Then when I do I'll move back in with him.. I'm really scared the distance is going to break us up. And I'm scared he's going to cheat with his ex since a little over a month ago I cought him sexting her and saying he can't wait to see her after graduation. He promised he wouldn't talk to her anymore after I threatened to leave him and as far as I know he hasn't but also his family is really close to her and his sister is her best friend... I'm so upset because of this, I hope he doesn't cheat on me with her or anything like that.. It's really bothering me and keeping me down. Any advice?!
    Last edited by Stacciii; May 21, 2016, 12:22 PM.

I think that since you caught him sexting with his ex, you have bigger problems than the distance. A relationship where the only reason you trust someone not to cheat on you is because you can keep physical tabs on them is not based on trust. In fact, if it were me the sexting would already be cheating and I wouldn't put up with that.

I am so sorry to tell you this, but maybe in the two months you will be apart you should think about a "Plan B" where you don't move in with him after you graduate. I know it's not what you want to hear, but the way I see it he's already breached your trust and started making plans to meet up with his ex.
    So, here you are
    too foreign for home
    too foreign for here.
    Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

He wants to have his cake and eat it too. Sexing is cheating. If you doubt his faithfulness, I would not move there with him. I would also be thinking about a Plan B and make sure he understands if he wants a life with you, this type of stuff is not acceptable and never will be.
      "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
      Benjamin Franklin

Comment

He and I have talked about it a lot but I'm really paranoid about her, he knows how I feel and he knows I'm scared he's gunna cheat.. He also says he scared I'm going to cheat bc I go to an all guy's school

Comment

Originally posted by Stacciii View Post
          He and I have talked about it a lot but I'm really paranoid about her, he knows how I feel and he knows I'm scared he's gunna cheat.. He also says he scared I'm going to cheat bc I go to an all guy's school
          Yes, but he has cheated and you have not. Don't make excuses for him for that, it's not okay just because he says he thinks you might cheat too. Do you think you might cheat because you go to an all guy's school? He screwed up, and you have every right to have a Plan B because of that.

You have to think about yourself and your future.
          "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
          Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I'm sorry, but you're in a pretty unhealthy relationship right now Nobody should have to be so worried over two little months of being away from each other. He sexted his ex, he told her he can't wait to see her, and then puts guilt on you for the school you go to. Do you see the problem here? You have to think about what's best for you and what makes you happy, and I don't think that the answer is your relationship. Maybe it can be saved with A LOT of communication and commitment, but there's no guarantee, and you have to ask yourself if it's worth it.

Two months is nothing, it shouldn't be much more than a blip on your radar, but the amount of stress and worry it's giving you says everything. Please think about that, good luck.
            Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

When it comes to long distance, I believe that there are two types of people: the ones who are in it for the long-hall and the ones who don't love their partner enough for the sacrifices. That may be harsh and not everyone may fall into one of those two categories, but I hate when people say that they aren't cut out for long distance. No one thinks they are until they don't have a choice and then they make it work because they love their SO enough to make it work.

Here's where the harsh part comes in: if your SO can't make LD work for two months without cheating on you, then he doesn't love you enough. As Moon said, two months is nothing. If he can't go two months apart from you without hooking up with his ex, then what does that say about your relationship and his respect and love for you? It means that you don't mean enough to him. I'm sorry to tell you that, but there are a ton of us on here that go months and years at a time without seeing our SO's and we manage to keep it in our pants because we choose to because we love our SO's.

Comment

Originally posted by MissingMyDutchLove View Post
                When it comes to long distance, I believe that there are two types of people: the ones who are in it for the long-hall and the ones who don't love their partner enough for the sacrifices.
                OP, Like has already been said. The distance is the least of your problems. He is 'playing the field'. But also MMD said. If someone can't handle being LD. The probability is that they don't love the person enough.

First Visit: September 2016
                Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
                Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
                For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
                John 4:12
                I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

LDR's are built by two people with trust in each other. He's already giving you red flags...come up with plan B. He's not committed to this relationship.

Comment

Working...
                  X