Do you want kids with your SO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NOPE. NOPE NOPE NOPE. NO KIDS. EVER.

I'm very set in not having kids ever. Corey doesn't mind kids but, honestly, I just really don't like children. At all. I don't want them and nor does he. I haven't the patience to properly care for a child, nor the maternal instinct and, after going through "Shit My Kids Ruined" a couple times, I realize I'd probably be a very angry parent...

I like my freedom and I want to share my life with only one person. One of the reasons I decided to date Corey in the first place was because he didn't want kids. I don't ever want to date someone who wants kids because I would not be able to provide for them what would make them happy. I think I decided I didn't want kids when I was in my early teens, and that hasn't changed. Kids are not in my plans and I have every intention of getting sterilized in the future in order to prevent any oopsies.

If our relationship gets to that children point, we will have a house full of four legged and furry babies that meow. We will be the crazy cat couple. :P

Comment

If it wasnt for the fact im 16, jobless and not married, we'd have them now! We both really want kids, and we dont mind if they're boy or girl, just as long as they are happy and healthy, thats all that matters to us

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
        I asked my SO's blood type so I could figure out what the possible blood types for our potential children would be. He flipped out. No kids anytime soon

By the way, it'd either be B or O. Science!
        I was just looking back through this thread, this made me laugh a lot!! I've tried to do the same with my SO, but he has no clue what his blood type is, and he doesn't see any reason why I need to know :P I want to know what blood types my kids will have. I'm AO genotype

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
        Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

After a few years enjoying being a married couple, we definitely want to have kids together! We're both really looking forward to being parents together, actually. Ideally three, no more than five, and at least one boy and one girl. He's going to be a great dad.

Comment

Originally posted by kteire View Post
            I was just looking back through this thread, this made me laugh a lot!! I've tried to do the same with my SO, but he has no clue what his blood type is, and he doesn't see any reason why I need to know :P I want to know what blood types my kids will have. I'm AO genotype
            I'm AO as well. my father is AB and my mother O, so therefore I am AO.
            my fiancee is O as well, so or we will have kids with the genotype AO (like me) or O
            our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

Yes someday we will have some babies...I want to say that 2-3 is good for me..I think My SO wants more than that. He wants nothing but boys...I think it would be cute to see him with a girl ...oh well as he likes to say "I would like to get a lot of practive before I'm successful" . Hit me up in 2 1/2 to 3 years and there might be a baby :P
              " Love don't run....Love don't hide...Love don't turn away or back down from a fight.
              Baby I'm right here..and I and going anywhere"

Mitch and Stephanie July 14, 2011

Comment

I would love to,
                But i cant have kids. I have a Illness that makes my miscarriage rate at 75% and I just couldn't live through that.

But we were thinking about adoption maybe

Comment

Neither of us want children. It's great that we both agree on this issue because it's pretty much non-negotiable at this point.

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”
                  - A. A. Milne

Comment

*blows out long breath* This question is one that has been weighing on me lately. For me, its such a toss up. I want kids, I think. I have a strong maternal instinct. I love the idea of being pregnant with HBB's baby.

However, as much as I love my nephew who is 3 I learned from him that while I think its cute for a bit I do get tired of the constant neediness. I like spending time with him and then being able to go home and have a glass of wine, watch movies and do whatever I want. I am also inherently lazy when it comes to my sleep, I hate being woken up and like to sleep as long and as much as I want. I hate cleaning up after MYSELF no matter a kid.

Then there comes things inherent to me and HBB, he will be going into the army to become an officer. While I think the army life, moving around and new experiences is awesome for a child....we are in wartime and I have to face that if something happened to him I would be left alone with the kids. The army would provide for me, but I would still be a single mother. Then comes the whole LDR counundrum. I would want to wait a LOOOOOOONG time to have them, whatever time I get with him once we are CD I will guard zealously and horde all for myself.

Then the big one. Good chance I can no longer have babies. I got pregnant once (too easily, one slipped condom and whammo) and after I lost the baby I got a massive uterine infection that landed me in the hospital for days hooked up to IV meds. My doc says we won't know until I start trying if I can or not.

HBB isn't set on it, but I can tell since he has fallen for me the idea has grown on him. He thinks I would be a awesome mom, a belief I don't even know if I have, and I think it also follows the pattern of a normal high ranked officer. He would have a beautiful graceful wife and 2 kids in boarding school.

So the long and short is, I don't know. I want them but I am scared of them and scared I won't measure up at the same time.
                    Last edited by Jezah; September 28, 2011, 04:58 AM.

Comment

I've always wanted kids for as long as I can remember. My SO says he wants kids. He wants two and I want four so I've decided the compromise is at three. I would prefer all boys, but he doesn't care what we have. I know that if we have a girl that she would be daddy's little girl. He would be completely wrapped around her finger. We've talked about having one as early as next year, but I would like for us to be married before we have kids. We'll just have to wait and see. We even have one boy's name and one girl's name picked out just in case. We've decided on John Gareth (it's tradition for the son to have his father's first name as his middle name) and Lillian Nicole.
                      "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
                      Made it official: September 17, 2010
                      Got engaged: January 15, 2012
                      Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
                      Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
                      Got married: November 21, 2012
                      Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
                      Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

I've always wanted kids for as long as I can remember. My SO says he wants kids. He wants two and I want four so I've decided the compromise is at three. I would prefer all boys, but he doesn't care what we have. I know that if we have a girl that she would be daddy's little girl. He would be completely wrapped around her finger. We've talked about having one as early as next year, but I would like for us to be married before we have kids. We'll just have to wait and see. We even have one boy's name and one girl's name picked out just in case. We've decided on John Gareth (it's tradition for the son to have his father's first name as his middle name) and Lillian Nicole.
                        "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
                        Made it official: September 17, 2010
                        Got engaged: January 15, 2012
                        Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
                        Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
                        Got married: November 21, 2012
                        Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
                        Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

We are still pretty young, and also pretty early in our relationship so we wouldn't consider it anytime soon. :P But we joke about marriage and kids all the time. We've talked about baby names that we like and what we would do for middle names and whatnot, so I figure it's a decent start. At least we know it's something we both would want someday.

Comment

Absolutely yes. Both of us want kids and we think two is enough. None of us has had kids. Oh we've talked about some names too. We'd like to combine Muslim and Persian names.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                              I know the average age here is faiiiiiiirly young so I'm probably looking ahead a little here, but do you ever want to have kids with your SO?

Do you both agree on what you want? Or haven't you even thought about it yet? Do you or your SO have kids already? How are they with your SO and vice versa? Or do you already have kids with your SO?
                              We talk about it every now and then, but we haven't really discussed how many kids we want in the future. He does know I'm fated to have twins. I do want to have children with him but not for a few more years, after we're married and established.

Comment

Originally posted by kteire View Post
                                Originally posted by Engel View Post
                                I'm AO as well. my father is AB and my mother O, so therefore I am AO.
                                my fiancee is O as well, so or we will have kids with the genotype AO (like me) or O
                                My moms AB and my dad is O, so I'm BO genotype. Ooooooh I love science!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X