No announcement yet.

Do you want kids with your SO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have definitely talked about starting a family. We've talked about what ages we'd like to have kids, how many, names, and if we'd prefer boys or girls. While we were talking we figured out that we have a high probability of having a set of twins! His dad is a twin and I have 2 sets of cousins that are twins.

Comment

Originally posted by paulawriteslove View Post
      We have definitely talked about starting a family. We've talked about what ages we'd like to have kids, how many, names, and if we'd prefer boys or girls. While we were talking we figured out that we have a high probability of having a set of twins! His dad is a twin and I have 2 sets of cousins that are twins.
      Ha yeah if we have kids and I am the biological parent then I have a high probability for twins too:
      -my sisters are twins
      -my uncle and aunty are twins
      -my grandad is a twin
      -another one of my uncles had twins
      -theres a possibilty that I could have been a twin

:P

Comment

I've never really wanted kids, mainly because I'm worried about being a bad mom/passing diseases onto my kids and I'm not patient. I told my SO up front it wasn't happening but one evening we had a serious conversation and he shyly admitted to wanting a family with me, down the road. It made me reconsider because I realized I wouldn't be in it alone, I'd have him and really I think it's rare for a guy to actually want kids in advance and know he wants to be a parent and how he'd raise them.

Now I'm thinking 5-7 years down the road, regardless of marriage. I'm not sure our kid will have any grandparents (his mom will not touch our kid, I'll make sure of that and my mom's made it clear she'll have nothing to do with our 'abomination') but that's alright.

Comment

Yes, me and my SO had this talk randomly one night. We got on the topic of his nieces and then how he would be a great dad. After that it was all about naming our future children and how many we both want. We decided we want 2 and hopefully a boy and a girl. He let me pick the name Sophia Marie for a girl because it runs in my family. He had his heart set on Logan for a boy. He said it was non negotiable haha. He also said that we had to incorporate a male family name in for the middle name so we chose his middle name which is Joseph. I must admit I was not crazy about the name but now I absolutely love it. It's great that we were able to agree on such a huge thing as this. It makes me very excited for our future as parents one day.

Comment

I definitely want kids with my bf!
            We have talked about this (shocker), and we agreed with would have at least 2 to 3 kids
            And i'm so happy we both want all boys (maybe one girl but thats it haha)

Comment

We both want kids, it's when that's been the challenge for us :P and how many. I'd like 4 (in two sets of two) Obi wants to get the snip after two and be done with it.
              But we'll see. He reckons if we get two boys he'd accept having a third to try for a girl.

I'm a tad worried though - I'm good with children, but I don't actually like them, and Obi doesn't like them much either. I'll love them, for sure. But... I don't know!

ETA: Oh Rebecca, I'll loan you Obi and a turkey baster if you're in Canada some time. IVF is expensive >.>
              Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

We're good - we have two each already from 1 -11. So yea we are good.

Comment

Originally posted by Zephii View Post
                  ETA: Oh Rebecca, I'll loan you Obi and a turkey baster if you're in Canada some time. IVF is expensive >.>
                  Oh how generous of you! :P
                  I know so expensive argh!! Oh well don't need to worry yet, hehe

Comment

Originally posted by Zephii View Post
                    We both want kids, it's when that's been the challenge for us :P and how many. I'd like 4 (in two sets of two) Obi wants to get the snip after two and be done with it.
                    But we'll see. He reckons if we get two boys he'd accept having a third to try for a girl.

I'm a tad worried though - I'm good with children, but I don't actually like them, and Obi doesn't like them much either. I'll love them, for sure. But... I don't know!
                    Don't be worried- I was exactly the same before having my own. I was worried & uncertain about how I'd feel about it all the way until my son was born... but you feel so, completely, utterly different when it's your *own* kid, vs someone else's!
                    We collided and fell out of nothingness... scattering stars like dust

Comment

I definitely want kids, and Belvy definitely wants kids. We've talked about it before, he basically told me that I was having kids until he got a boy. I want a boy too but I don't know if I could deal with 4 girls, so if we have 3 girls I'd probably say that's enough. Belvy was adopted and biologically he had two brothers one was killed in a drive by shooting and the other was a still born, so his thing about having a boy is the whole philosophy of carrying on the family name, even though he carries his adopted name, he still sees it as he's the only male in his blood line. I personally want a boy because I think boys are much MUCH easier. Obviously I don't plan on having kids with him until he's home and we're married, however as it seems, things might be happening a lot sooner...

我爱我的男朋友我。现在我们一起。

Comment

We both want exactly one, and asap as I'm not getting any younger.

Comment

Nope, I already have a daughter who'll be 22 next month, and he's happily child-free. No rug rats for us, thanks
                          Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by michy View Post
                            Don't be worried- I was exactly the same before having my own. I was worried & uncertain about how I'd feel about it all the way until my son was born... but you feel so, completely, utterly different when it's your *own* kid, vs someone else's!
                            *Smiles* thanks, that gives me hope!
                            Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Being older this was part of the reason my SO and I stayed best friends for so long, I wanted another child, but he never wanted children, I have two children one all grown that is 21 and my daughter that is 6. As it turned out my SO ended up being her 'uncle Ian' from the day she was born, and they both love each other. I couldn't be happier, I didn't give up what I wanted, and didn't demand he become someone he knew he never wanted to be, has made us stronger than ever. I guess the most important part is accepting what your partner wants, and knowing what you can accept, and figuring out how to be true to who you both are. We took the long route to our 'family' but it was worth the wait.

Everything I know, and anywhere I go, It gets hard but it won't take away my love,
                              And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, It gets hard but it won't take away my love

sigpic

Me without Him is like Son of Beast without the loop.

Comment

Yes, i want kids with my SO. Preferably twins, i am a twin and the bond between my sister and I is one of the most valuable thing to me in the entire world and knowing that there is one other person in the world that got my back no matter what, is a nice feeling. I don't care about the gender i will love them no matter what. My SO and I have talked about this a lot and even though we won't be getting any kids just yet we have hashed out the basics for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X