It's over and I am quite relieved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's over and I am quite relieved

Long story short he dumped me through text message this morning while I was at work. I am both really hurt and really relieved at the same time. I knew that we just weren't working for such a long time now, but i wanted to see if he had the balls to tell me, and he did. Thank god! I sacrificed so much of my time for him I feel like I ended up giving up on myself and my future just for him. Now I can finally get back what I lost and hopefully I will find someone way better along the way. I have always known this guy was bad news for me, but i still had hope in our love so please no "I told you so comments". I cried a bit today but only because I have such amazing friends and coworkers who got my back. I'm gonna treat myself for now on. Peace out lol

Sounds like you're taking this well, I am glad to hear it. You need to get back to you. Back to the basics. You deserve it.
    "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Originally posted by Unconditional View Post
      Sounds like you're taking this well, I am glad to hear it. You need to get back to you. Back to the basics. You deserve it.
      Haha not really but I am doing all that i can right now. I hate having to start over, but I got no choice but to do it.

Comment

I'm sorry that you are hurting but I am so proud of you for how strong you are being. Sometimes you know you're done but you just don't want to be the one to do it - I understand that. Pamper yourself and enjoy your time being on your own. You've got this.

I hope you stick around!
        To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that it didn't work out. I'm sure it's hard to have that happen, after all of the time and effort you put towards the relationship. But relief is good. At least you know it was the right thing and that you did what you could. I hope things get better for you from here on out.
          ~~~ ~~~

First Met Online: March 13, 2014
          Relationship Began: November 23, 2014
          First Met In Person: June 10-24, 2015
          Second Visit: December 16- January 6, 2015/2016
          Closed The Distance: June 26, 2016
          Got Engaged: February 1, 2018

Comment

You know how I feel about everything.... But still,

Comment

Thanks guys. I am still pretty bummed that this happened, but I am just glad that I have some answers now. It hurts but I'll get through it.

Comment

We all learn from experiences like this and I'm sure you'll grow stronger from it. Clean slate good time for you to focus on you. Put yourself first. Best of luck

Comment

Sorry to hear of this.

Fpcus on yourself in the mean time. You will get through this

Comment

So sorry to hear this is how it went.

However, your approach is healthy and mature, keep being strong!~

Comment

SteelAngel, I am actually really really sad for you. I am proud of how well you handle this and I hope things get much better within a short period of time because you do deserve to be happy.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                      First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                      Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                      Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                      Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                      Married: 1/24/2015
                      Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Originally posted by TheSteelAngel View Post
                        I sacrificed so much of my time for him I feel like I ended up giving up on myself and my future just for him.
                        Been there, done that.

I autopsied the relationship and worked on myself so that I could and would be a whole person again, and learned how to remain a whole person in relationships. Best of luck!

Comment

Originally posted by snow View Post
                          SteelAngel, I am actually really really sad for you. I am proud of how well you handle this and I hope things get much better within a short period of time because you do deserve to be happy.
                          Thank you very much. That is very sweet of you to say. Maybe one day I will be happy again, but untIL then I will try my best.

Comment

Hey, i am really very sorry to hear that nothing worked out, I would be very glad if you could share more about the situation you were in (if it wont cause anymore pain to you), i really feel like i am in similar situation myself now I really try so hard to make relationship work, but it does not seem like this effort is coming from both sides, I know she loves me (maybe not as much as i do) but she is always busy with all the other stuff and never really has time for me Every single time i try to point this out she just gets mad at me for not understanding her situation (maybe I am wrong, i dont know anymore, thats why I came here to ask for some help )

Comment

Working...
                            X