X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice on ex fiance.

Hey everyone,
    BACK STORY
    I have been in a long distance relationship going on 4 years. In June, we got engaged. If you have seen my last post, it was about advice and chances of him getting a visa to come to the US from Costa Rica. He tried in February, but got denied. That was when things got pretty bad. He ended up making a fake KIK account to talk to me (I had no clue it was him) to see if I would cheat or something like that. I don't understand why, since he never asked me anything where I would want to sext him or flirt, but I showed my boyfriend and said this guy was texting me. Then, no contact from the dude on kik. A few months went by and I found out (long story) that it my boyfriend who made the account. I thought it was purely for fun, but when I asked him, he lied and said it wasn't him. We argued for some time and told me it was him and the reason behind it was a friend of mine told him I was cheating. Came to find out, that girl didn't exist. He tried to save his ass and not own up to the fact that he created the fake account because he felt like he didn't trust me. Well, that took a strain on our relationship, but we got past it. I thought about getting engaged later on, and getting married in a few years. He agreed to that in December before that drama happened. In May, I brought it up and he said yes, then I bought a ring (yes I did, not super expensive, just for us to be "official") and then he started having doubts. He said we were too young (19, 20) and that he didn't know if it was for the best. By that time, it was a few days before I would go and see him in June for a month. I go to see him, everything is fine and happy and great. He proposed late June, and we are set. Then at the end of August, I would bring up small things about how we might want the wedding or where, and he wouldn't talk about it. He REFUSED to talk about the future with me. That's never happened before. He wouldn't even tell me what dream job he would like to have because he wanted to live in the "now". That threw me off, and all through September we argued because I had no idea why he was acting this way. He became a bit distant and wasn't interested in sex very much. I tried to communicate with him and all he could tell me was that he was stressed (and to his defense, he had a lot more family issues, school issues, and job issues along with issues with me, so I understood)
    Fast foward to a few weeks ago, and we broke up. The way he did it was completely and entirely fucked up. He told me that he had a crush on another girl, and said he talked to his mom, friends, and family. They all said he should tell me. I told him it was his decision and that I would stick with him until he decided. He then told me he did not want a relationship, sex or anything at all at the moment, and that he wanted to focus on himself. I was distraught, but did not push it. I asked him if this girl he had a crush on was real later that night, he told me no. He said he wanted ME to break up with him because it was too hard for him to do (backassward thinking prevails) and that he wasn't sure what to do. That was why he made up the girl. By this time, he had already deleted me and my family from facebook, all pictures from everywhere was deleted (all his pictures I mean) and he had told me he would send my stuff back and pay me back $500 for a plane ticket I had already bought.
    After some talking, he added me back on Facebook and told me that he actually wanted me to come see him in December. He told me he wanted time to think about us and his life, and what he wants. I told him I would think about it too, and that I would decide if I wanted to come in December. The next day, I did not talk to him for 2 days (being upset, trying to give him time to think) and then the night we started talking, we talked about our relationship a little bit, and then he asked me to have sex (sext and dirty talk) out of nowhere. I wanted it, and so we did. A week went by, and I brought up the relationship a few times and every time he shut me down saying he needed time to think. At this point, I am pissed. It sounds more like a final thing, than temporary. So I gave it a few days, brought it up again and spilled my heart to him. I told him no pressure, but that we needed to communicate. He then went on to tell me that he felt pressured and stressed about being engaged, and that he only wanted to date me and got engaged to make me happy. He told me he loved and cared for me, but that he wanted to work on himself and mature before getting into anything again with me, as it is not fair to either of us. A night later, we had sex again (he did not mind me calling him baby, honey, etc. during these times). And he seemed all more willing for sex. He initiated it (he never does that, even in person) and was much more interested. He sent pics and we had phone sex. It seemed off to me that he would do that, as he never offered it much when we were a couple (we had skype sex more often as a couple anyways). He is NOT the kind of guy to have casual sex. He is awkward and horrible at communicating his wants and needs. He told me specifically this was not about going out and screwing other people, but about himself and his problems.
    He still wants me to come in December, but I am afraid it would all be sexual, or we would get back together for the wrong reasons. I told him no physical contact of the sort would happen unless we were truly back together and what not BEFORE i come. He ended up getting a job that has him working 12 hours a day and is now asking me to reconsider coming in December, whether we are together or not. I would only see him a few hours a day and he's off 2 days a week. He said he still can not give me a clear answer on whether we will get back together, but that he's thinking about it and that I make him happy.

I am asking this for everyone to answer, what should I do? About the relationship, coming to see him, everything. I am very lost at this point. What would you do?

You're not the priority. You deserve to be. You've had things chop and change too much, could you deal with getting back together then things going bad again? It sounds like it's possible that could happen again.

Comment

Originally posted by Redheart14 View Post
      You're not the priority. You deserve to be. You've had things chop and change too much, could you deal with getting back together then things going bad again? It sounds like it's possible that could happen again.
      I'm not too sure right now. I understand that he needs his time for him to be the priority (while we are not in a relationship) and I need to focus on myself for sometime too. I just started my first year of college in August and I am still getting adjusted. I want us to work, due to everything our families and us have done, and the fact that we love each other. I just don't know what to say to him if we do. How do I go about explaining I want to be the priority without sounding like a complete bitch?

Comment

A relationship takes two people to want it to work. It takes communication and effort. You're not getting any of this. You are getting someone who is wishy-washy and keeps you hanging and apparently thinks that even though he doesn't want a relationship right now, you are apparently at least good enough for phone sex. He has lied to you, messed with your emotions and taken on no responsibility.

So my question is why would you want to be in such a dysfunctional relationship? Why do you want to be with someone who has no clue what his feelings are? Why do you want to be with someone who has lied to you so consistently? Do you really think it is going to get better? I don't want the "I love him" answer - love doesn't mean that a person is right for you. Time to look yourself in the mirror, realize you deserve someone who will treat you right and walk away from this mess.
        To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Have you ever heard the phrase, 'It takes two to tango'? As you may or may not know. The tango is a form of dance step. Like do the two-step, square dancing, etc.

It seems like he is mentally trying to do more than one 'dance' at the same time. That seems to be the cause for his confusion. I don't think he is cheating on you. But cheating on himself.

First Visit: September 2016
          Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
          Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
          For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
          John 4:12
          I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris516 View Post
            Have you ever heard the phrase, 'It takes two to tango'? As you may or may not know. The tango is a form of dance step. Like do the two-step, square dancing, etc.

It seems like he is mentally trying to do more than one 'dance' at the same time. That seems to be the cause for his confusion. I don't think he is cheating on you. But cheating on himself.
            I believe so, too. He has told me that he has a lot going on right now and wants to focus on himself without ANY relationship with someone. I can respect that. He is repeatedly telling me he needs time for himself and to think about whether he can handle the hard path ahead of us (marriage, visa, all that). I just want to let him know that how he is handling situations in our relationship (when we are in one) is not okay. I don't know how to go about having that conversation with him, as he does not communicate well, even when we are talking about his inability to communicate.

Comment

I would not take his interest in sex as any kind of indicator for the relationship. He has demonstrated an interest in sex, but not an interest in the relationship, which speaks volumes.

Comment

Originally posted by hmrambling View Post
                I would not take his interest in sex as any kind of indicator for the relationship. He has demonstrated an interest in sex, but not an interest in the relationship, which speaks volumes.
                Ditto!!

His sexual behavior with the OP, minus the relationship. Is more like a 'Friends With Benefits' situation. OP, No more sex with him. Until he decides what he wants, sex anywhere(my ex-wife n' did it on the landing of a staircase once, lol). Should be completely off-limits.

For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
                I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

OP I am gonna tell you something that you are probably not gonna like. You should leave this guy. He already told you that he's not interested in commitment right now and it seems like the only reason he is sticking around is because you offer him easy sex. Until about a month or 2 ago I was in your shoes. My ex SO did the same things to me that yours is doing to you. He would ignore me for weeks and the only time he would ever talk to me is when he wanted sex. It was only after he dumped me that I realized how toxic this relationship was. I had the same dilemma you are facing now, which is going to see him to see if we could work. I went, we seemed to have a good time but he was acting the whole time. I didn't find that out til later when I got home when he ignored me for a whole month. He broke up with me soon after.

I really advise against in you going to see him OP, but if you already paid for your ticket and there's no way to get your money back then you should go and see for yourself. But I highly doubt this visit will change anything. Best of luck OP!

Comment

Originally posted by earthlyspirit View Post
                    I believe so, too. He has told me that he has a lot going on right now and wants to focus on himself without ANY relationship with someone. I can respect that. He is repeatedly telling me he needs time for himself and to think about whether he can handle the hard path ahead of us (marriage, visa, all that). I just want to let him know that how he is handling situations in our relationship (when we are in one) is not okay. I don't know how to go about having that conversation with him, as he does not communicate well, even when we are talking about his inability to communicate.
                    His having a lot going on, that makes him unable to commit to a relationship. While he has time to 'get in the sack'. Is utter garbage. He is just using you. Suppose you got pregnant and he still behaved this way. He is nothing more than a jerk, plain and simple!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X