Time Apart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time Apart

Has anyone taken time apart from their LDR? My bf and I have hit a bump in the road. He's lost faith and distanced himself. He thinks we will never close the distance. I need more visits before I am willing to move. I'm so sad and he says he doesn't know what to do. I was going to suggest taking a break. Him and I are so perfect for each other we just have this 800 miles between us. I'm so upset and confused. I don't even know what I want anymore. Has anyone taken a break in their LDR or gone through this? We love each other so much.

First ...take time and think about what you want in life. What are your career plans, do you want a family at some point, how do you see yourself living in another place, etc.
    Never move just for another "person". A relationship is built by two people and if he's not putting any effort into staying together you already have an issue that needs to be solved. Proceed slowly and communicate your needs to him.

Comment

Visit him more. But he should also visit you more. So the cost can be split 50/50.

First Visit: September 2016
      Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
      Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
      For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
      John 4:12
      I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

If I remember....he has kids that are teens I think? And job market isn't so good where you are for him?
        50/50 ..for visits would Work in the perfect world, but rarely happens that way. ..so we all learn to compromise.
        Taking a break rarely works out for the best. Is he pressuring you to move as a condition for your relationship?
        Plan a skype date and talk it out. He has to be honest and voice his concerns and fears. As do you. I know you expressed concerns on being a step mm as well. Take your time. You both need to be in the right place. Xo
        Last edited by sasad; October 16, 2016, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Rarely taking a true "break" in the relationship works. If you are each just taking a couple of days to clear your heads, that's one thing. Taking a true break where you are no longer a couple - well there are quite a few on here who have tried that and they ended up breaking up for good.

Elizabeth123 gave some excellent advice. You may love someone, but that doesn't mean it's the best move for you. Make sure you are doing this because you know it's what you would want for you, even if he didn't live in that area. More visits is a good thing if you are really planning on living in that area.
          Last edited by R&R; October 17, 2016, 05:53 PM.
          To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Working...
          X