Broken :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Star7 View Post
    I'm sorry u went through that. And yes, ultimately it is going to tear apart our relationship if it already hasn't. Sad truth. The saddest part being that I am probably the only one who cares out of the two of us
    Thank you

I know that an alcoholic, is an alcoholic. How much the drink doesn't matter.

But, Is his alcoholism just to the point of a six pack-a-day of beer, or is he already progressed to something like 100 Proof scotch whiskey?

First Visit: September 2016
    Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
    Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
    John 4:12
    I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Thanks Zaily. And unfortunately, I'm very very sensitive/emotional right now. It's just too heartbreaking to go through with someone you know is a good person. But obviously I deserve better. The hardest part for me is and always has been leaving a situation with someone I love. I am very terrible at it. I think part of the reason for that is because I know he would choose alcohol over me any day and he has such an emotional wall that even if he does care he will just be OK with it. And I want him to care enough to at least try, but unfortunately he doesn't want that. So I guess I have to try and muster up some strength from somewhere. I also need to figure out why I put up with two alcoholics in a row. Everybody says it's because I come from a family of alcoholics so it's what I know. I will never understand that because in my mind, why wouldn't I run in the other direction instead of walking on egg shells to please people. I've been to several therapists over the years. I guess I'm just a tough nut to crack as they say or just a stupid one :/

And Chris516..oh he's way past beer. He will sometimes use beer as a chaser when he does multiple shots or whatever those tiny bottles are called of whiskey. And it's morning until bedtime. If he happens to have a few hours where he's not drinking he's very quiet or cranky. It's really sad because he's actually highly intelligent and does very well at his job.

Comment

It hurts a lot now, but believe me, you're better off hurting a lot now than hurting continuously for years down the line.

Comment

SO true! I hate it though. Because when I'm one of those weak people. It sucks. I'll be strong for a short time, then something will happen that I want to share or whatever. Know what I mean? And of course I can call other people but… Maybe I'll try meditation Lol

Comment

SO true! I hate it though. Because when I'm one of those weak people. It sucks. I'll be strong for a short time, then something will happen that I want to share or whatever. Know what I mean? And of course I can call other people but… Maybe I'll try meditation Lol
            Start a journal. When you want to talk to him, write what you would say in your journal instead. This way you still get it out but you don't contact him.
            To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

That's a good idea. Thank you

Comment

Chris516..oh he's way past beer. He will sometimes use beer as a chaser when he does multiple shots or whatever those tiny bottles are called of whiskey. And it's morning until bedtime. If he happens to have a few hours where he's not drinking he's very quiet or cranky. It's really sad because he's actually highly intelligent and does very well at his job.
                About the size say, what a passenger gets in 1st Class on a transatlantic flight?

For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
                I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Yes I believe so. Some ppl call them 'nips' or 'shooters'

Comment

Yes I believe so. Some ppl call them 'nips' or 'shooters'
                    Does he realize what he is doing to his liver?

Comment

Working...
                    X