Should I be worried?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I be worried?

I have been in my LDR for 3 weeks and 3 days, but 17 of those days have been spent not talking to him. I haven't spoken to him since the 10th of October, and the last thing he said to me was goodnight. I've been trying to keep optimistic by reasioning that he might have gotten his phone taken away, he lost it, or he's just been busy with work. But then I saw him online on Skype and decided to leave him a little message to see if he was online, but when I did his profile status went to away. I didn't know what to think but I couldn't really do anything about it so I decided to try to let it go. Yet I was on kik ( our main form of communication) and it said the messages I had sent were recieved, meaning that he's seen them. This also happened again recently and I don't know what to think anymore. I just hate to think that he might be ignoring me or just anything bad. The only think I can do to reason with myself is that someone has his phone and is just going through his apps. What do you guys think? Do I have a legitement reason to worry, or should I just relax about it? I'd love for someone who has had this happened before to give me advice, thanks!

It has already happened to me and the guy disappeared without a goodbye. I think there is a problem though. You have been in this relationships for 3 weeks and he hasn't answered to you for the last 17 days?? I think there is clearly something odd in that. He is either ignoring you to make you understand a message or there is something going on. If he doesn't give any news, maybe he isn't just interested, especially if he is online on other social medias. It's the beginning of the relationships. He should want to be with you and talk to you as much as possible (well my boyfriend was like that at the beginning).
    Do not send him 1000 messages though as it could make him pull away even more. Just stop messaging him for a couple of days maybe. If he hasn't answered to you, then you have your answer. He is just not interested anymore (or has a serious problem that could be understandable if he was explaining it to you.) But in 2016, we all have ways to communicate with people. So if he doesn't try to do it, then there is certainly a message under that. Keep it in mind. Maybe he isn't the right guy for you. Just try to stop worrying too much too. In my case, it caused me serious problem and I wouldn't want it to happen to anyone. I know it's probably hard but let it go If it's what it has to be.
    - I'll be waiting for you -

Started talking: December 2015
    First meeting: December 2016
    Second meeting: May 2017 - August 2017
    Third meeting: Septembre 2017 - January 2018
    Engaged: December 2017
    Fourth meeting: May 2018 - August 2018
    Fifth visit: December 2019
    Wedding: September 2019

Comment

You should definitely worry, at least I would be. There are other ways to communicate, IM, Skype, etc. If he really cared about you, he wouldn't leave you w/no response for 17 days. If he is online and not answering, you have your answer. I'm really sorry about how he is treating you, but I would not contact him again and I would close that door. For future reference do not make excuses for the person, there is no excuse to not contact you for that long.

Comment

Are you both 14?
        Have you met in person yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Ms.Ender View Post
          I have been in my LDR for 3 weeks and 3 days, but 17 of those days have been spent not talking to him. I haven't spoken to him since the 10th of October, and the last thing he said to me was goodnight. I've been trying to keep optimistic by reasoning that he might have gotten his phone taken away, he lost it, or he's just been busy with work. But then I saw him online on Skype and decided to leave him a little message to see if he was online, but when I did his profile status went to away. I didn't know what to think but I couldn't really do anything about it so I decided to try to let it go. Yet I was on kik ( our main form of communication) and it said the messages I had sent were received, meaning that he's seen them. This also happened again recently and I don't know what to think anymore. I just hate to think that he might be ignoring me or just anything bad. The only think I can do to reason with myself is that someone has his phone and is just going through his apps. What do you guys think? Do I have a legitimate reason to worry, or should I just relax about it? I'd love for someone who has had this happened before to give me advice, thanks!
          This happened to me several years ago. They started pulling away from me, emotionally. Saying they couldn't give me what I wanted. With the woman's OCD, there was no room for talking about what she thought I wanted. The communication became less n' less. I still hear from her, from time to time. She tried to fix me up with another woman. The woman she tried to fix me up with blew up at me.

My only wish for that woman she tried to hook me up with. Is that, her, her son, her family, and her son's father all survived the flooding in Louisiana. They aren't in New Orleans, but still.

First Visit: September 2016
          Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
          Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
          For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
          John 4:12
          I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

heh so he just texted me back today actually, which is kinda ironic that I posted this. His parents did take away his phone and yeah..

Comment

No he's seventeen and we met online, which is something I've gotten alot of concerns from friends for. But I got it all figured out, he just texted back.

Comment

heh so he just texted me back today actually, which is kinda ironic that I posted this. His parents did take away his phone and yeah..
                Still very fishy...even if they did take away the phone, he still had access to Skype, from which he could have let you know what was going on. I wouldn't let my guard down, I would be extremely weary of such a long time between communications. Plus if it had been 17 days I would expect a phone call or Skype call not just one text.

Comment

I would be a bit concerned as well. He is 17 and you are 14. How did you all meet? Do you plan to meet ? Are your parents ok with him? How about his parents? Do you have a history together? Have you met in person?
                  17 is an interesting age for boys. Hormones, getting ready to graduate, driving, prom, etc.

Comment

I never gave him my number, so he couldn't call me sand I wasn't on my Skype at the time. But I'll ask him about it, but I have a feeling it was his parents going through his phone.

Comment

We met online through one of my friends who had known him for a while, but never met. Yes of course we plan to meet, not very soon but it's the best we can do. My parents haven't met him, and I want to keep it that way since I'm not allowed to date. I don't know if he's told his parents about me. Uh, not really we only knew each other for a few weeks before getting together. No we haven't met in person.

Comment

As a parent, you are doing this all wrong. Hiding a relationship is not the way to gain trust or to be treated like a responsible person. You are not allowed to date yet you are sneaking around... Not cool at all tbh.
                        Again, you are 14 and he is 17. If you think your parents will let him stay with you or fly out there, you may have another thing coming. He will be legal age and you still a minor. I also wonder why he doesn't find anyone close by?

Perhaps you both can remain friends only.. See what happens in a couple of years. His age has me concerned as he should be dating closer to his own age.

Comment

I never gave him my number, so he couldn't call me sand I wasn't on my Skype at the time. But I'll ask him about it, but I have a feeling it was his parents going through his phone.
                          Sorry I would still be suspicious as he could have sent you a message via Skype that you would see when you logged onto Skype. I'm just curious. As someone coming from bad relationships, are you justifying him ignoring you? I used to do this as well when my ex would treat me poorly.

Comment

Honestly, I would be suspicious too. At 17, his parents shouldn't take away his cellphone or something like that. If he was online on Skype, why would it be his parents? I mean, you're old enough to be responsible of your phone at 17 even if you did something wrong (maybe it's just the way I've been raised but I think it's strange).This is obviously not an excuse. I'm sorry to tell you that, but he could have reach you another way.
                            You are pretty young too. Meeting guys online at this age is maybe not the best way to have a boyfriend. I've been there before. I know how it is, but just be careful. I wouldn't want you to have a bad experience. Live your life. Go out with your friends. Have fun. You will see. Life is much more better in real. Believe me.
                            - I'll be waiting for you -

Started talking: December 2015
                            First meeting: December 2016
                            Second meeting: May 2017 - August 2017
                            Third meeting: Septembre 2017 - January 2018
                            Engaged: December 2017
                            Fourth meeting: May 2018 - August 2018
                            Fifth visit: December 2019
                            Wedding: September 2019

Comment

Originally posted by NewToLongDistance2016 View Post
                              Sorry I would still be suspicious as he could have sent you a message via Skype that you would see when you logged onto Skype. I'm just curious. As someone coming from bad relationships, are you justifying him ignoring you? I used to do this as well when my ex would treat me poorly.
                              She is only 14 and her parents don't know and won't let her date, the guy is 17....

Comment

Working...
                              X