Untalked about problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ethelynn View Post
    I have been in a similar situation where my ex was having tons of stress and being withdrawn. Definitely not the way anyone wants to feel in the first weeks of their relationship. I have battled depression over half of my life and I have had some pretty bad patches. I always try to make sure I communicate how i feel and try my best to focus on the time we have a date night. As it is such a new relationship, you need to figure out what it is you need yourself at minimum and then see if he can offer you that, especially when he is feeling down. Has he always been like this or has it been happening in the last week or two? Can you still see the qualities you got together with him for?
    I try to do this as well. I now live further from my family in a job that tires me out from being on my feet in a kitchen all day. But I take a nap, grab some cocoa, and show up planning to talk.

This has only been in the last 2-3 weeks since we moved from friends to an official couple. So I'm afraid this is what the relationship will always be like. When we were friends he seemed warm and open, and happy to talk to me.

Depression is a problem I'd expect to research and make sacrifices for in a marriage or long-term relationship. Not a relationship with someone whose family I haven't even met, who I haven't even met in person yet or gotten to know well.

Comment

Hmmm, if one is having a hard time, isn't that a time to talk about what's going on? Stay true to yourself, know what you'd like and do not be afraid to move on if need be. don't bug him about it, for now find others to share your feeling with and see how it goes. Meanwhile lean about yourself. I believe relationships are about learning about ourselves and to look at if you feel good about yourself because of knowing him. I don't mean he is responsible for your happiness. I wish I lived closer to my guy but he brings out the best in me.

Comment

Working...
      X