fight - meeting soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fight - meeting soon

I will try to make it short. I fought with my partner yesterday and I don't really know where to stand now.
    He told me that our relationship would never work, because I questioned him about ''exclusivity''. He felt attacked and insulted because I doubted of him and he seemed to have lost hope in us.
    When I asked him later on, when he was a bit more calm, if he wanted me to break up with him, he said ''no'' and he texted me while I was asleep to tell me he never wanted to leave me.
    I haven't answered yet and I'm still hurt by what happened. We are meeting in a couple of days and this fight just spoils quite how I feel about that now.
    I don't really feel like talking to him at the moment as what he said really hurt me. He has been very harsh with me, assuming things that was completely false, but I don't feel good about not doing anything as we are meeting in less than 20 days.
    Should I message him or not? It's not the first time we fight. It's just bigger this time and we almost broke up. So, I just dont know where to stand and I don't know what to think anymore. I guess I was just hoping to have a bit of support...
    - I'll be waiting for you -

Started talking: December 2015
    First meeting: December 2016
    Second meeting: May 2017 - August 2017
    Third meeting: Septembre 2017 - January 2018
    Engaged: December 2017
    Fourth meeting: May 2018 - August 2018
    Fifth visit: December 2019
    Wedding: September 2019

Originally posted by Littlewhiteflower View Post
    I will try to make it short. I fought with my partner yesterday and I don't really know where to stand now.
    He told me that our relationship would never work, because I questioned him about ''exclusivity''. He felt attacked and insulted because I doubted of him and he seemed to have lost hope in us.
    When I asked him later on, when he was a bit more calm, if he wanted me to break up with him, he said ''no'' and he texted me while I was asleep to tell me he never wanted to leave me.
    I haven't answered yet and I'm still hurt by what happened. We are meeting in a couple of days and this fight just spoils quite how I feel about that now.
    I don't really feel like talking to him at the moment as what he said really hurt me. He has been very harsh with me, assuming things that was completely false, but I don't feel good about not doing anything as we are meeting in less than 20 days.
    Should I message him or not? It's not the first time we fight. It's just bigger this time and we almost broke up. So, I just dont know where to stand and I don't know what to think anymore. I guess I was just hoping to have a bit of support...
    I don't know what the fight was about, but it takes to to argue and two to have a relationship.

It sounds like he was hurt as well as he said he lost all hope. I don't know what to do to offer support except to tell you both to work it out and talk it out. If this is how you are going to deal with conflict when you are cd, it is not going to work.

So, you need to decide if this is worth working for or if you can't deal with it and break up. You needto decide, we can't do that for you.

Comment

I know..I just don't like fight. Now it seems like a whole mess and we are meeting very soon. He is still distant with me and doesn't want to call me. So, I don't know what to do. I texted him and asked him to discuss but he said he was busy...
      I'm just very stressed and I never really know how to deal with fights. It's usually difficult with him as he becomes super cold after fighting. So...i just wrote that to breath a little.
      Thanks for your reply

Comment

Should I message him or not? It's not the first time we fight. It's just bigger this time and we almost broke up. So, I just don't know where to stand and I don't know what to think anymore. I guess I was just hoping to have a bit of support...
        It 'Takes Two To Tango'(basically what sasad already said). But it doesn't have to take two, to destroy a relationship.

Can you provide some specificity as to the details of what you n' your SO fought about? Not just what you said above.

First Visit: September 2016
        Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
        Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
        For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
        John 4:12
        I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

With this info I would say to tell him how he made you feel and how you didn't appreciate it. And if you said somethig you are sorry about then apologise. See how it goes from there.

Comment

Thank you all for your reply..

He finally called me and we spent the night talking and trying to solve the problems. I think it's going a bit better.

Comment

Thank you all for your reply..

He finally called me and we spent the night talking and trying to solve the problems. I think it's going a bit better.
              There is only one thing to say about that...SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS!!!!!!!

First Visit: September 2016
              Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
              Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
              For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
              John 4:12
              I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Working...
              X