Have you ever cheated on your SO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by erwin1973 View Post
    That makes me curious to what you do concider as cheating?
    If we consider physical types, anything romantic or intimate can count depending on the background thoughts while someone is doing it. Like if you get attracted to someone and you let yourself close with them even if no kissing/sex is involved.
    Another thing is "emotional affair", it's one of the worst types I think and I doubt anyone has any control over it. Meaning when emotional closeness/intimacy is involved that crosses some bounds but no physical closeness is involved whatsoever.
    I dunno, I know how certain people don't even count it as cheating if someone does it with the same sex.
    Though, the actual definition of cheating is whatever a specific couple defines it as.

Either way, I do agree that sex can't just happen, but there are so many factors that contribute to it and so many other ways, that I can't just agree that most of the people who do it are rational about it or are making any choices until it's too late.
    It's another thing to act rightfully after you do something, i.e. admit that you have cheated/done something wrong and be honest about it. That's something almost everyone can and SHOULD do. Because honestly, lying/lack of honesty is much much worse than cheating itself in my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by C.C. View Post
      If we consider physical types, anything romantic or intimate can count depending on the background thoughts while someone is doing it. Like if you get attracted to someone and you let yourself close with them even if no kissing/sex is involved.
      Another thing is "emotional affair", it's one of the worst types I think and I doubt anyone has any control over it. Meaning when emotional closeness/intimacy is involved that crosses some bounds but no physical closeness is involved whatsoever.
      I dunno, I know how certain people don't even count it as cheating if someone does it with the same sex.
      Though, the actual definition of cheating is whatever a specific couple defines it as.

Either way, I do agree that sex can't just happen, but there are so many factors that contribute to it and so many other ways, that I can't just agree that most of the people who do it are rational about it or are making any choices until it's too late.
      It's another thing to act rightfully after you do something, i.e. admit that you have cheated/done something wrong and be honest about it. That's something almost everyone can and SHOULD do. Because honestly, lying/lack of honesty is much much worse than cheating itself in my eyes.
      You are making excuses for cheaters. It is always a conscious decision to choose someone else over your partner in a romantic or sexual way. Obviously noticing someone who looks good is not conscious, but following those urges is. If you continue something that you know you shouldn't do, you are choosing to cheat and that can mean anything, from flirting with someone to having sex based on what the couple defines as cheating.
      You can spin it any way you want, but having sex is always a conscious choice. Granted, you can be drunk and don't remember what you did, but you wouldn't cheat if you didn't want to. Being drunk is not a get out of jail card.

I was simply saying that in OPs case, having sex does not just happen. You don't trip and suddenly you have sex with someone. You made the choice to rub genitals together and if your partner views that as cheating, well then you chose to cheat.

While with emotional cheating, you can get attached to someone without noticing it, continuing to talk to someone who is threatening your relationship with your current SO is a decision. You can always break it off and if you don't, you are choosing to cheat.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
      First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
      Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
      Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
      Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
      Married: 1/24/2015
      Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Originally posted by C.C. View Post

Thank you. That is very clear to me now.
        I can tell you, and my lady, of course, I am not involved in any of this.
        Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

Working...
        X