Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Switching Scenarios: Where Would You Be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switching Scenarios: Where Would You Be?

Scuse me Andy I'm going to steal the spotlight from you with a hypothetical thread of my own. I'll give the crown back in a sec.

So there's tons of threads floating about asking how you and your SO met, how that one meeting or meetings over time secured where you are now and, of course, who you're with.

What if the situation were entirely different?

For those of you who met CD, what if you met online? For those who met online, what if you had met in person? Do you think things would still be the same?

If you met in a different way, how do you think you would have met? (website, concert, library, chatroom, etc) Make a situation up or base it off how you actually met.

Do you think a relationship would have blossomed or would you have remained friends/gone your separate ways?

Would the relationship last this way instead of the way it really is?

Me, I'm pretty sure nothing would have come of us meeting in person if we'd met the same time we did online, since I was 14 at the time and he was 20. I probably would have been scared stiff and screamed 'stranger danger' until the cops came. If we met, say, later on like in the past year that's pretty up in the air. I can't say I would've given him a chance (I'm a ninny) but we would have been friends.

If you met in a different way, how do you think you would have met? (website, concert, library, chatroom, etc) Make a situation up or base it off how you actually met.
    haha, We actually talked about this ^^; We talked about...if we hadn't met online we'd probably have met through school. Then again, that gets into all that alternate crap that we came up with ;P

Do you think a relationship would have blossomed or would you have remained friends/gone your separate ways?
    it would've taken us a lot longer to get further than friends, but I believe we would still have done it. ^^

At this point...I believe it would've ^^

Comment

Um I'm not sure, maybe a game shop? Lol. Or maybe thru some friends if we were to meet face to face. But it would probably have been something to do with a game xP

Honestly, my SO isn't very social, so we probably would've NEVER met each other if it'd been IRL. Especially to girls, he barely talks to any. So I'm grateful we met how we did ^_^; Good ol' online.

Well, if we somehow DID notice each other, I'm not sure if it would lately. I don't know, online there's more talk of personal things. Like I knew about 50x more about my SO then I did with my CDR boyfriend (of course my SO wasn't my SO at the time xP) But I don't know, I just don't think I wasn't made to start out CD, it's kindof weird ^_^;

Comment

Well if me and Ryan met in a different way....the only way I can think of would be if my laptop broke down and I went into a computer store and he was there and fixed it for me Before I met Ryan my laptop actually did break down a lot and I would always be going to computer stores to get it fixed. So it could've happened! haha

I don't know if a relationship would've blossomed from that. He's very shy at first and so am I. I think we would've gone out separate ways, but I would always go back there to get my computer fixed

If me and him would've developed a relationship, I think it would last

Comment

Oh Gosh, I'm not sure xD We always joked that, had we met in the future, we would get in a slight car accident and be pissed at each other until the cops came and made everything all better and we'd get coffee later xDD but in all seriousness as of the present, it probably would have been at school. He's a grade or two above me, so it would have been hard to meet each other unless we had a collab class togehter, which, when I met him (8th grade) he would more than likely have been in 9th or 10th grade, so no collab classes for us. lol.

It probably would have either taken us a lot faster to become more or more slow. Hell, it took us 3 months after talking online before we officially confessed our love for eachother. We didn't share picks until 2 months after, and that was a just about the icing on the cake, for both of us. So, that being said, it probably would have blossomed a lot quicker.

The past year or so, probably not. If we were at one point CD and we still had that "break" I don't think I would even stand to look at his face everyday and would have just ended it. But, the way it really is I'm glad we're together and wish that we can be close to eachother (:
          Me: I hope that pizza gets here soon. My stomach is growling.
          Growling at you.
          Grrr.

Muffin: *pokes stomach* ^=^

Me: *stomach growls*
          I don't think it likes you very much.

Muffin: *pokes stomach* Hehe

Me: You're provoking it as it growls more. I think it'll like you more if you give it pizza.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyMarchHare View Post
            Me, I'm pretty sure nothing would have come of us meeting in person if we'd met the same time we did online, since I was 14 at the time and he was 20. I probably would have been scared stiff and screamed 'stranger danger' until the cops came.
            LOL... that just made me spit tea out on my work keyboard. The IT dept is going to ask why this keeps happening...

I had spent some time just hanging around his (small!) hometown in the UK years before I ever met him, so I've thought in the past- what if I had seen him walk by, and thought "WOW he's hot", and then went along my merry way and never thought twice about it, having no idea what he could mean to me? He had a long-term girlfriend at the time, so it's probably better that our paths didn't cross back then!

My plan was always to someday move to the city in which he currently resides (again- before I ever knew him!)... and we both stop fairly often at starbucks and order the same thing. Also, we both spend time in the mountains, and like to go to outdoor shops and ogle/drool over the gear. So we'd have been frequenting the same places in the same town... it's reasonable to think our paths would have crossed in real life, eventually. Maybe we'd have struck up a conversation in the outdoor shop? Maybe I'd have smiled at that guy waiting beside me at Starbucks for the same drink?

If we met that way instead, and realized we shared a love of the mountains & other common interests, we'd have been in each other's arms in very short order. But the thing is... I'm a VERY shy/private person, and I just simply don't talk to random strangers in public but once in a blue moon. And he's private as well, and not forward at all. So in reality I'd probably have just smiled at him, blushed, and been out of his life that quickly.

Thank goodness for the internet! It's SO much easier to break the ice online, for me anyway- and I don't think we'd ever have done it in another way!
            We collided and fell out of nothingness... scattering stars like dust

Comment

If you met in a different way, how do you think you would have met? Hmmm maybe him traveling and visiting his family in Ohio....And he stops into the restaurant for dinner...

Do you think a relationship would have blossomed or would you have remained friends/gone your separate ways? My SO and I are sooo different I doubt I would have really done much other than talk to him while I waited on him...he is pretty shy...so it's not like he would have left a number.
              NO!
              NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by LadyMarchHare View Post
                Scuse me Andy I'm going to steal the spotlight from you with a hypothetical thread of my own. I'll give the crown back in a sec.

Haha! Go for it

I really don't think we would have, a poker site is the only conceivable way our paths would've crossed... any other way would've have to have been online, but I can't narrow it down more than that tbh...

Assuming we still would've met online I think exactly the same thing might have happened. We just clicked right away and couldn't get enough of talking to one another

Again, there's no way we would've met in person rather than online... if we did then no, I don't think so. I think meeting each other online gave us the chance to really get to know each other as people, rather than just the basic info you give off to anyone you'd meet such as hobbies and interest etc. We used to say that if we'd have met in a bar or something then we probably wouldn't have even noticed each other
                In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
                Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
                Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
                My dog Sam ♥

Comment

we've talked about this, and as it happens, it turns out I could have met him the first few days I came to Toledo, rather then 2 months in! lol He is friends with some of the PhD students, and after a barbecue I went to, I went home with one of them and my friend, whilst the other Brits went to a bar... where my SO was! some of my brit friends met him before I did. It's really weird what a small town Toledo is...

I'm really not sure. He wanted to ask me out because I was so easy to talk to, and I was really shy when I first came to America. I really blossomed as a person going out there. I think I met him at the right time, I was still shy, but had a lot more confidence by then, and he helped me the rest of the way =)

again, I really don't know, he probably would have thought I was stuck up because of my shyness, and wouldn't have asked me out. I truly believe we were meant to meet the way we did. Everything seemed to fall into place perfectly to get to when we first met, I don't think it could have lasted any other way.

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
                  <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
                  The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
                  <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
                  <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
                  Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
                  Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

If you met in a different way, how do you think you would have met? (website, concert, library, chatroom, etc) Make a situation up or base it off how you actually met: Ooo this is an interesting question, well i would have liked to have met her somewhere downtown like the park or library and we talk and become friends then maybe we would tell each other how we felt

Do you think a relationship would have blossomed or would you have remained friends/gone your separate ways? as much as i wish she was in the same town as me, for some odd reason i dont think we would have such a strong relationship as we do now

Would the relationship last this way instead of the way it really is? things happen for a reason and god knows i wish she was in the same town as me but i just have that feeling it wouldnt last, your soulmate is not always in the same town as you and sometimes you have to fight to get them under one roof with you one day

Comment

I think we sorta kinda talked about it before. I think that we wouldve gotten together faster if we wouldve met in person. I would like him as a friend first but us talkin more and more (like we did) wouldve make me fall in love
                      And I think it wouldve been easier for us to meet cause his parents wouldve probably known me and mine would know Ive met him already so no one would make a fuss if I'd want to meet him again.
                      I think we wouldve still met through our mutual friend.
                      And I personally dont think anythin wouldve changed considerin our feelings and such.

Comment

It's actually funny that we didn't meet before. We had the same professor in back to back classes one semester, so you'd think we would have noticed each other coming and going. Additionally, he lived directly above my across-the-hall neighbors in the dorm one year, and I was always going upstairs to visit a friend of mine 2 rooms down from him. I'm surprised our paths never crossed.

Probably not with the same professor situation, but with the dorm one. If I'd met him early in the year, yeah we might have dated. But odds are, my interactions with him would have been after I'd started seeing a friend of a friend a little over a month into the year, as my next door neighbor was always going upstairs because she had a huge thing for *his* next door neighbor (incidentally both of these neighbors became our roommates haha)

I assume so, since we were CD for the first 10-ish months of our relationship. What's another year tacked on to that?

If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion...love actually is all around

Comment

I think that every leads you to a result, so probably if the circumstances were different to when we met, maybe no.

Comment

Well, my SO and I met while having cybersex. But we're both not the type for one-night-stands, so we wouldn't have met that way. She also lives on the other side of the world and I probably would have never travelled to New Zealand, so... yay for the internet!!! But I do think that we might have clicked too. If we would have met a different way/in person.

Comment

The logical thing I can think of with us meeting in person would be school, but we probably wouldn've talked at all. I'm a very shy person when it came to talking to upperclassmen back in high school, so I probably wouldn've talked to him unless one of my friends introduced me to him first. But that's IF we met at the same school, like if I had moved there or if he moved here.

Again, Probably nothing would've happened. Once again, the shyness would've stopped me from talking to him or doing anything.

Probably not XD Back in high school, I was really finding out my personality and drove some of my friends away. If we had met then, I probably wouldn've gotten together with him. Meeting Luke online was better for me. It allowed me to open up to him more and I think we were meant to meet the way we did.

Comment

Working...
                              X