No announcement yet.

holiday question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any way to be with one family for Thanksgiving and one for Christmas? Is one a bigger ordeal than the other for your family? (For example my grandfather and his four brothers and the entire family gets together for Thanksgiving but not so much for Christmas)

Too soon to think about the holidays here so we'll cross that bridge when we get there!

Comment

We are not even planning that far in advanced :/ My SO likes taking it one trip at a time because of money and whatnot. I am seeing him in around three weeks, so that is exciting!, but that means we probably will not see each other during thanksgiving. I plan on working during all of my break anyway to save up money for a new laptop. I am hoping that we will get to see one another during the X-mas holiday, but it probably wouldn't get to be on Christmas day because I doubt I could get that day off (as I also need to work during Christmas holidays too). Maybe the week before school starts?

We did spend last Thanksgiving at his house, so I would like him to come to mine, but like I said, I am not even bringing it up yet. Since my grandfather just passed away, that is another reason I would want to be home because one of the two holidays we are spreading his ashes.

Comment

Well, I'll be with him this Christmas. He's planning to come down here next Christmas, though.

Comment

Ryan's coming here for Thanksgiving because he wants to come up here and that's just how everything fell into place

Comment

I always go there as Tanja has so many commitments but she's coming to Wales in November for my graduation
            In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
            Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
            Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
            My dog Sam ♥

Comment

I won't see my guy for Christmas or New Years, like last year, it's my co-workers turn to have that week off. Kinda breaks my heart a little I am flying out on Thanksgiving evening though, but since he's not in the US, it doesn't really matter.
              Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Our first two holiday seasons together, (we got together shortly before Thanksgiving) we spent them separated. We hung out the day before Thanksgiving our first year, but he couldn't take off school the second year as Spain doesn't do that holiday. This year, we won't be together either, though I'll most likely be doing Thanksgiving at his parents' house, as I won't get enough time off to go to my parents'.

As for Christmas, the last two years I came down on the 27th or 28th and we spent until after New Year's together. The first year I stayed until the 3rd, but we were back together at school less than a week later so it was okay. Last year, he went up to my parents' with me and stayed there until he left to return to Spain on the 8th. This year...shhh...I'm surprising him. I've already gotten my parents to okay it, just need his parents' approval, but if I get it, I'm going to drive down from my parents' early on Christmas day and surprise him at his parents' house.

Most of the reason why I go to visit him is because we've gone to football games for New Year's the last two years, and his house has been a closer starting point than mine. And his parents live an hour and a half away from me, whereas my parents are close to 6 hours away from me.

If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion...love actually is all around

Comment

Tony and I were apart for last year's holiday season. Holidays are very important to both of our families, so until we get engaged or make another serious commitment, both of us will catch flack for being absent. We will possibly spend New years together since It's an important holiday to my family and not for his.
                  "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

[QUOTE=xMesmerize124;40017]Hopefully if my dad gives the okay, i shall be spending the holidays with my bf in New York where he lives!
                    QUOTE]

Aw my SO lives in NY too <3

I'm going to be spending Christmas in NY with him~ I can't wait! <3
                    Met: 2.20.10
                    Started Dating: 4.22.10
                    Been an LDR since: 4.22.10
                    First time meeting irl: 6.28.10 - 7.18.10
                    Last time I saw my SO: 9.16.10 - 9.22.10
                    Closed the Distance: 10.9.10

Comment

Working...
                    X