First time LDR with my bf who has gone to sea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time LDR with my bf who has gone to sea

This is my first post as I’ve only just found this site and I’m thankful it exists!

Me and my boyfriend met in March this year and started dating after a few weeks of talking and getting to know each other. We both knew that he would be going to sea in July of this year, and we both agreed that everything would be okay and we would make our relationship work. A week before he is to go, he breaks up with me. It’s all very sudden and he really broke my heart. I thought the next thing he was going to say was I love you not I want to break up with you.

However after a week of being apart and hardly speaking, he messages me saying he really missed me and that he couldn’t cope. We talk for a few days and he asked me to wait for him, and for me to take him back. He called me to tell me he loves me and of course I took him back bc I’m a fool completely in love with him.

We’ve been going out now a week and honestly before we had such a fluffy romantic relationship that I feel has been lost for ever. All he wants to talk about now is sex, and all the things he wants to do when are reunited. I understand that he’s lonely and that it’s going to be a part of making this ldr work, but at the same time I feel like my emotional needs are being completely disregarded. For example, I asked him to call me whenever he gets a chance because I love hearing his voice, but it seems like that’s a lot of effort for him and he doesn’t want to do it. We talk all the time through snapchat but I feel so lonely and unhappy, despite being very happy that he is back in my life. I don’t really know what to do or say, bc I don’t want to annoy him while he’s away but at the same time how can I be in this relationship if I’m not happy?

I'm sorry to tell you that but if he talks only about sex and nothing else, it might be a sign that this is the only thing he is looking for right now..

I would probably think differently if he had not broken up with you but he did and maybe he is just looking for something to make him feel good while he is away.

You should not stay in a relationship where your needs are ignored, especially since you are unhappy. You've been with him since march. It is not that long. Maybe it would be better to just look for something that makes you happier in the end.
    - I'll be waiting for you -

Started talking: December 2015
    First meeting: December 2016
    Second meeting: May 2017 - August 2017
    Third meeting: Septembre 2017 - January 2018
    Engaged: December 2017
    Fourth meeting: May 2018 - August 2018
    Fifth visit: December 2019
    Wedding: September 2019

Comment

Originally posted by dawghoused
      I think this relationship will not work anymore. As you told he talks about sex only that means he wants the only physical relationship. So you should end this and find someone else.
      Totally agree with you brother. Whether there is no love only for body attraction this relationship will not survive anymore.

Comment

Working...
      X