Funny misunderstandings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny misunderstandings

I'm thinking of a particular occasion that happened with me and my SO. I was telling him what I was having for breakfast, which was porridge/oatmeal with sultanas (small dried grapes). He thought I meant Saltines (crackers)! I had to explain that we don't have Saltines in England or Ireland. I then asked why he thought I would be putting those on my breakfast! It was very funny for me, at least.

So, what funny misunderstandings have you had with your SO?

I'm looking forward to the responses.

I remember how hard I laughed when I found out he interpreted me saying "making out" (to me, kissing) as full on doing the deed. It made looking back on past conversations hilarious. (All of this was before we met.)
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by autumn1790 View Post
      I remember how hard I laughed when I found out he interpreted me saying "making out" (to me, kissing) as full on doing the deed. It made looking back on past conversations hilarious. (All of this was before we met.)
      Now that you said that, I THOUGHT THE SAME THING! He thought it was so funny, he never corrected me until I finally found out and felt so embarrassed lol

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
      First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
      Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
      Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
      Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
      Married: 1/24/2015
      Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Originally posted by autumn1790 View Post
        This is brilliant! It still surprises me how big of a culture/language gap that there is between british english, and american english. The forum where me and SO met has a lot of american members, so I often get lost in the conversations and jokes that they have, cos I just don't know what they're talking about! I learn a lot though. I have also had my innocence irreparably damaged, cos they do get kinky on there too!
        Last edited by Atlantic Crossroads; September 3, 2018, 12:33 PM.

Comment

I said that "I couldn't tell" as in I couldn't figure it out but he thought I meant that I couldn't say something
          We don't usually speak to each other in English but we message more in English so there are some funny misunderstandings once in a while, especially when he takes an idiom literally

Comment

Working...
          X