No announcement yet.

Your dream home together!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've talked about it, and I think he understands that I'm wearing the pants and the final decisions will be mine. What? I'll be the one spending a great deal more time there than he does anyway!

At the moment, he wants to buy a condo, and his family are pushing him to do so.. but it's OUR money so I told him if he wants to buy this damn condo he can do it out of his own savings because we're still buying a family home first. I'm not raising our kids in a condo ><. He understands that it wouldn't be practical or fair on the children, but he hasn't mentioned that we've had "the children talk" to his family so I'm guessing each new condo listing is going to come our way. They also don't understand that while at this very moment we can afford a mortgage, his job is unstable and we're not staying in this country so buying property now would be nothing short of stupid. Annoys the hell out of me. Anyway! That was a bit off topic.

We'll have to live as close to the city as possible for his work, and that's good because I like the city/ don't like being in a place where everyone knows everyone and there's nothing to do. But I'm hoping that we'll either get really lucky, or will have the money, to buy a house in the greener part of the city... Can't see it happening for a while yet.

I'd also rather build because I'd like an Australian-style home with Canadian style heating, windows and insulation. Rooms in most Canadian homes are too small in my opinion. I like SPACE! I'd like the main rooms, like dining, lounge and possibly kitchen to be all open plan, and just corner them off using the furniture and decor. We've also agreed that we want hard floors throughout, either wood or slate, not tile, that we can just cover with rugs. I hate carpet and I'm terrible with it. We've also agreed on a large joint office where we can really let out our geeky sides.

We both want secret rooms and passages too, but I'm sure that one isn't happening!

I also want to find out if I can (law and weather) bring over a bunch of seeds so I can grow an Aussie garden, so I have somewhere to go when I miss my home land and all the straight trees here are getting me down lol
    Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

lol, Alex and I haven't talked about that. I've thought about it before, though. I mean, I've thought that the first place we get together is likely going to be an apartment. But, were we to move into a house together I've always imagined that it'd be 2 stories...maybe not the biggest house, but at least 2 bedrooms, in a quiet neighborhood with a back yard and a front yard. I imagine it'd have lots of windows. *shrugs* I just think about that, mainly ^^;

Comment

Originally posted by Karringtyn View Post
        Looks around....I am living in it. This is my dream home...and he loves it here...just now need him here. I have a huge Italian Villa looking home...with 4 bedrooms..2 full baths...LR, DR, Kitchen, Family Room...beautiful old world side porch and deck off the back...great yard with a side yard with gorgeous flower gardens. AHHH I love my home.

Sounds amazing!!!!

PLEASE can we have some pics? Pretty please?
        In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
        Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
        Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
        My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Hmm... We haven't really discussed about this much but definitely and apartment first! Then a nice home once we have kids and stuff :P I kinda wanna live somewhere that has warm summers and cold, snowy winters. I love snow <3 But I also like be near a beach too so.... I dunno XD I am gonna stay in Washington. I love Washington too much haha ><

First Met Online: May 08
          Became a Couple: 4.11.09
          First Visit: 7.27.11 - 8.11.11
          Second Visit: 9.15.12 - 9.23.12
          Third Visit: 7.6.13 - 7.14.13

Comment

Yeah, we've spoke about it a few times

She wants one with a window in the roof or something (not entirely sure what she means ) and er.. we want one with two floors (we both grew up in bungalows x)) errrrrrm.. a gate and driveway like.. I have at my home now
            Stuff like that

We've never spoke about where it would be or anything but.. it'll be in Finland and I'd like it to be out of the city (Jyväskylä) and maybe near a lake

Comment

So... we started looking at apartments for the both of us in Charlotte today. lol Would living in the same complex be completely and totally silly?

Comment

My dream house would be in the mountains, by a lake. But giving the circumstances I live in a tropical island so that is off the list. We just finished building a little house, for real, and it looks nice, we did it Italian villa style. Hopefully soon I can post some pics.

Comment

He doesn't like talking about the future much lol But I would love to have a small apartment at first. I always daydream about the whole typical cooking dinner for him and greeting him when he comes home from work and all that jazz. I do remember one time talking about it with him that he told me when he thinks about coming home to me, it makes him extremely happy. It was so sweet :3

Comment

Originally posted by Mio View Post
                    My dream house would be in the mountains, by a lake. But giving the circumstances I live in a tropical island so that is off the list. We just finished building a little house, for real, and it looks nice, we did it Italian villa style. Hopefully soon I can post some pics.

Sounds great! Can't wait to see it
                    In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
                    Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
                    Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
                    My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Working...
                    X