Help me.!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me.!

Hi all, am not the best writer so please bare with me.
    This my first post and am very happy I came across this forum.
    Am not sure what is going on with me lately but am scared am pushing my LDH away.
    I have been married to LDH for 3yrs and few months. We have been together for 5yrs.
    I never would have believed I'd be in a LDR that been said when I was introduced to LDH sparks flew and from the first date we both knew this would be something amazing and it is.
    I still had doubts being the worrier that I am and wasn't convinced it would last as we lived in two different continents. My husband on the other hand goes with the flow and doesn't over think things unlike me. he always says anything worth having takes time, effort and commitment. Amazingly we grew from strength to strength We talk almost every day and text throughout the day.
    We saw each other couple months ago when he came over and I felt that this was the best trip we had yet. No argument no drama (most of the time from me). I couldn't believe it it was great. Since he left I feel down and alone. I avoid talking to him when he calls by saying busy with work/other things. I feel pressure to be happy coz there is no reason why I shouldn't be other than the fact my husband is thousands of miles far from me. las week I didn't talk to him for 3 days while he called/texted I ignored it was horrible and I felt so much guilt ignoring his calls but I felt that I had nothing to say and am feeling that way more more these days. The conversation is not what is was before and I know it's from my side but I don't know why or what's changed within me for me to feel this way.
    I brought it up with him and because he isn't feeling this way himself he didn't put himself in my situation and just shrugged it off as nothing big and says we will be together soon anyways ( hubby relocating in 4-5 months) and all that will fade. Am not sure whats the best way to make him understand this is not something that is going to go away by itself and we need to find a solution.

Thank you for taking the time to
    Read and respond to my post.
    All advice would be appreciated.

My advice is to take a break and do your own thing while reminding yourself of what makes you happy in the relationship, sure will have nothing to say at times and have feelings of doubt. But you need to trust your partner, even if it doesn't feel like they don't care.
    So maybe take a step back for a while and think things over of what you love about the relationship. It might take time but that's okay, they'll wait for you and be there for you when ready

Comment

Originally posted by Layla86 View Post
      Hi all, am not the best writer so please bare with me.
      This my first post and am very happy I came across this forum.
      Am not sure what is going on with me lately but am scared am pushing my LDH away.
      I have been married to LDH for 3yrs and few months. We have been together for 5yrs.
      I never would have believed I'd be in a LDR that been said when I was introduced to LDH sparks flew and from the first date we both knew this would be something amazing and it is.
      I still had doubts being the worrier that I am and wasn't convinced it would last as we lived in two different continents. My husband on the other hand goes with the flow and doesn't over think things unlike me. he always says anything worth having takes time, effort and commitment. Amazingly we grew from strength to strength We talk almost every day and text throughout the day.
      We saw each other couple months ago when he came over and I felt that this was the best trip we had yet. No argument no drama (most of the time from me). I couldn't believe it it was great. Since he left I feel down and alone. I avoid talking to him when he calls by saying busy with work/other things. I feel pressure to be happy coz there is no reason why I shouldn't be other than the fact my husband is thousands of miles far from me. las week I didn't talk to him for 3 days while he called/texted I ignored it was horrible and I felt so much guilt ignoring his calls but I felt that I had nothing to say and am feeling that way more more these days. The conversation is not what is was before and I know it's from my side but I don't know why or what's changed within me for me to feel this way.
      I brought it up with him and because he isn't feeling this way himself he didn't put himself in my situation and just shrugged it off as nothing big and says we will be together soon anyways ( hubby relocating in 4-5 months) and all that will fade. Am not sure whats the best way to make him understand this is not something that is going to go away by itself and we need to find a solution.

Thank you for taking the time to
      Read and respond to my post.
      All advice would be appreciated.
      I can relate to this myself. I have phases where I get distant from my SO and feel I have nothing to say too. I'm in a phase like that right now, and it's been a long one this time. It does worry me, but I have told him that I am going through a rough time, and that I still love him no matter how little he may hear from me. I do message him now and then, even if it's just something small like a picture that made me think of him.
      Don't feel guilty about needing some 'me time'. We all get like that now and then, it's only natural. Be kind to yourself, and take things day by day.

Comment

My LD ex boyfriend who I’m trying to get back with does the same thing. We will talk for a few days and then he goes off the radar. He’ll read my messages but don’t reply then I give up for a few weeks and try it again. But he said it was because he needs to work on himself if he wants to be able to love me. But, I don’t know if it’s true or or not. But, if you don’t think you are able to do it anymore then tell him. Or if you need time to yourself be open about it don’t let him think you are just ignoring him. It sucks to be on the other side feeling like your s/o doesn’t want to talk to you today but did 2 days ago.

Comment

Working...
        X