Struggling with my LDR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Struggling with my LDR

I am new to this long distance relationship, my boyfriend recently left for college, but I am not starting college till second semester, so January 2020. I love my boyfriend more than anything in the world and I know that he wants to be in this relationship, but my mental health is terrible. I can barely ever find myself happy. I’m used to being with him all the time and now I don’t have him, so I don’t know what to do. He is a lot busier now, because he is in a fraternity, so we barely get to talk and when we do his responses aren’t long. I don’t know what to do, I am afraid that the relationship won’t work, but I want it to so bad. I need help.

Changes in schedules are so very hard in an LDR. I just recently suggested, to my LDR partner, that we set aside one time a week (at least) where we both commit to being available to each other to video chat/talk/whatever we want. Kinda like a "date." I look at it this way, if he cant commit to me for a couple hours a week of undivided attention then I will know if sticking around is something I can continue to commit to.

Comment

Are you going to the same college or one near by? If so then focus on that date. January isn't far away.

If not, then focus on when you will get to see each other again. Try to make some plans for things to do when you see each other next and stay focused on those.
      Met: November 2011
      Started Dating: 5th August 2019
      Next Meeting: 17th March 2020

Comment

Working...
      X