Persistant Thoughts of Closing the Distance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Persistant Thoughts of Closing the Distance

So I have just returned from a weekend visit with my SO, it went amazing as always!

My SO is a med student and is basically living off of student aid until he completes his studies. He will not receive an actual income for another 1 1/2 years when he starts his residency. There have been very brief talks of him applying at a hospital that is only an hour away from where I live (also happens to be the 3rd ranked hospital in the nation for his specialty)

While I was there, he mentioned again that he will have an income in a year and 1/2.. he went into detail about his courses, exams, and time frames for the next few years. In the back of my mind I wanted him to so badly talk about moving in together- but he didn't. This has been on my mind since I returned home; I would love to talk to him about this but there are so many things that are currently holding us back from having a for sure future.

I want him to be the one to bring this up (for certain reasons) but I cant stop thinking about this, I have even practiced in my head what I would say to him and what needed to be discussed if he ever asks me lol! Maybe its just a normal thing in an LDR, everyone wants to close the distance right? I guess I'm not really needing any advice, just needed to vent a little.
    ~And ever has it been known that Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation~

Everyone thinks about it, yes. I used to more after an visit than prior. If it’s bothering you that much I’d bring it up. If he says that he hasn’t thought about that yet at least you know.

Comment

Honesty and openess are two of the biggest things you need in an LdR and alongside that you need to have a future plan so you know how to plan for the LD to be finished.

Bring it up, you will know where he stands on this topic and he may have had similar thoughts as you
      Met: November 2011
      Started Dating: 5th August 2019
      Next Meeting: 17th March 2020

Comment

Its just still really early in the relationship and there are obstacles what we have to face before we can make plans for the future. He knows how I feel, so maybe I should just wait until we can overcome that stuff first.

Thank you for replying
        ~And ever has it been known that Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation~

Comment

Working...
        X