This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redheart14 View Post
    Why don’t you try meal prepping and freezing healthy meals. Then when you’re exhausted you can pull out something nutritious with zero thought or effort and will save money long term which you can use to fund other things. A few hours of cooking can take a whole week of pressure off.
    That unfortunately still requires energy, time and work to achieve. That and cooking isn't something I enjoy either. It's a whole catch 22 scenario honestly, which is the problem. I don't have roasts because they take too long. If I don't get a dopamine boost from doing the activity, I stop doing the activity. Doesn't matter what the benefits might be. I hate repetition, complex tasks and time management. Homework was always a sore point, and I get very overwhelmed with anything that requires multiple steps. It's a wonder I've made it this far in life frankly.

Comment

But like I said you’ve got something to motivate you now. Securing your life with your SO. If you’re as healthy as you can be, you’ll put more energy and effort into things, like working and keeping a job. I know it’s easier to make excuses than get up and do something but you need to find a fire inside you to motivate you. Healthy meals don’t need to be full on roasts. It can be things like
      Salads, chicken and veggies, stir fry, pasta, lasagna and veggies, the possibilities are endless. Start with something simple like salads or chicken and veg and build up slowly. 1 afternoon prepping can save you a whole week of unhealthy choices. Get your SO to cook with you over face time or something if that motivates you seeing you both have time during the day. Or take a 15 minute walk while your on the phone. Even if it’s just laps around the house while you’re on the phone. It’s something and if you’re on the phone or listening to music while you’re doing it, it won’t feel so much like a chore.

Comment

Having healthy meals will do so much for your health and energy level.
        So it’s something I think you really have to consider.
        I live on my own and I don’t like to cook for myself all the time because prepping takes longer then enjoying it.
        But if I have a lazy week and I eat a lot of unhealthy stuff I for sure have less energy.
        I cook big meals, take a plate and stuff the leftover in the fridge.
        So I cook like 2 or 3 times a week.
        And mostly just easy stuff that is ready quickly.

I have been depressed, had a burn out and ptsd all at the same time so I somehow know what it’s like to not feel well. But eating healthy and getting my ass of the sofa and go out helped me feel better.

Comment

All I'll say it that I know myself well enough to know that I'm not going to food prep. I'm doing well eating at all lately. I'm in a mental health crisis, so motivation doesn't exist when I'm in this state. I already feel guilty for not doing things. I'm utterly exhausted, not sleeping well, and spend 6 days a week stuck indoors on my own. I was just about coping before all this started.

Comment

Working...
          X